Solo: A Star Wars Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not the best in the Canon but enjoyed it. Couldn't believe how few people were at the showing though - prime time Saturday night at the Imax in Leeds and there can't have been 2 dozen people in the screen. Apparently it's tanking at the box office

Was quite disappointed with it, was expecting it to be better than it was. Although quite liked Donald Glover’s portrayal of young Lando. The Falcon was a lovely ship until Solo got his hands on it.

Didn't enjoy this at all.
I wasn't expecting much and obviously knew certain parts of the story were already written but even then it was far too predictable.
Every single joke fell flat and some of the acting (Emilia Clark) was awful.
Couldn't tkae him seriously as Han either, just didn't feel right.

The best thing in it was Donald Glover by a mile

Hard to see anyone else as Han Solo so he was onto a beating from word go, however I felt he did well. Didn't seem like an impersonation and his acting was better than I expected. Emilia Clark was poor but didn't ruin the film and withoit runing in for anone who hasn't seen it has scope for being better in any sequel as her character could change dramatically (Also good that the more anoying character(s) didn't last long). I really enjoyed it but they really have to sort the music, apart from the sections lifted from the OT the rest sounded like a Harry Potter rip off, imo the music needs to support the rest of the film and they are failing with this whn John Williams isn't involved. Overall considering it was a film rescued part way through filming I'd say its easily better than TLJ and prequels. Oh and further proof late in that Han always shoots first :cool:

Just seen it thought it was okay 6/10 but much better than I was expecting one of the many films I enjoyed but will never watch again

It’s better than rogue one and the last Jedi and probably slightly worse than force awakens but no where near the 3 originals and revenue of the sith and lacks the spirit and soul which even the 2 inferior prequels had

Anyone read the 'Tales From the Bounty Hunters' book?
Some of the stories from there would be excellent made into fillums

I love Star Wars but really didn't like this film, not sure why either as I loved Lando and some references to link to the future films but the Solo plot just seemed rushed and there was large parts of the film where absolutely nothing happened and it was really boring. If it wasn't for Lando and a few good action scenes I think a few people would have walked out it was that dull.

I hope it bombs at the box office and Kathleen Kennedy gets the boot. Nothing against the new movie but the last jedi was an abortion of a movie and they should be punished for how shite it was.

I thought she was funny.

I thought the losers crying about PC SJWs was funnier.

I think i've had enough of sarcastic sidekick droids and just found it annoying.

Not enough to cry about it mind, you wonder why some people bother with films if all they do is piss their pants and get upset

I watched it last night and I thought the same.
I guess when your expectations are lower it's not that bad.

Finn's arc was pointless still, enjoyed the rest.

Should have just had some dude in the rebellion's IT department on the ship to fix their problem. :lol:

Aye I know. But you’d think there would be some quality control given the size of the franchise and the knowledge of those involved. I’m nowhere near being a Star Wars Uber, but the cameo suggests that some of the characters are considerably older than originally suggested. Trying not to give away any spoilers...
that’s what I thought as the character in question was killed off in a previous film. Apparently they got round this because he is in some Star Wars cartoons or something, so therefore they’ve dubiously used this as a basis for retconning Han Solo’s age to what most people think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back