Solo: A Star Wars Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Exile

Just back. It's good. Really, really good. Not perfect, but up there with Rogue One as the best of the new ones. Links in very nicely with the original trilogy. Left the pictures with a big daft smile on my face.

That prequel cameo......

didn't get a bangin score on RT when I checked last night but you're the 2nd person I know whose seen it and reckon it's canny....i'l have a dodge ower on Tuesday

It’s really good with a couple of nice twists

bosk being mentioned, the ESB music being used, Darth f***ing Maul, and one of Saw Guerras men. The cast have signed up for 3 films apparently -and it’s set 11 years before New Hope

Is it suitable for a 5 year old? Thinking of taking my son to see it.
Hard to tell with a 12a.He’s fine(and loves)with TFA and Last Jedi but I wouldn’t show him some of the Marvel films at the moment

Is it suitable for a 5 year old? Thinking of taking my son to see it.
Hard to tell with a 12a.He’s fine(and loves)with TFA and Last Jedi but I wouldn’t show him some of the Marvel films at the moment
Only one swearword and that’s arse.
Saw it this morning, 6.5/10 for me. Lots of good Star Wars universe interactions, but felt that they could have worked on the plot a bit better. I know it was to fill in the back story but it was a bit formulaic for me

Just back. It's good. Really, really good. Not perfect, but up there with Rogue One as the best of the new ones. Links in very nicely with the original trilogy. Left the pictures with a big daft smile on my face.

That prequel cameo......

The cameo is less of a surprise if you've seen the Clone Wars and Rebels series. Agreed it's a cracking film though.

There was even a shout out to this guy...

Logon or register to see this image

Saw it this afternoon and really enjoyed it. The acting is probably the best we have seen from, not just the recent batch, but Star Wars in general. I would disagree strongly with a previous poster who says it is “formulaic”. Quite the contrary in my view, it keeps you guessing as to which way it is going to twist and turn...

However... the cameo... it’s been mentioned as a positive by some in this thread. For me, it fucks up the time lines massively and takes the sheen off what could be a really great Star Wars film. It’s a fuck up and a frustrating and needless one at that. There’s even a massive contradiction between the narrative and the cameo, which involves Kashyyyk. I was quite shocked at the cock up.

Saw it this afternoon and really enjoyed it. The acting is probably the best we have seen from, not just the recent batch, but Star Wars in general. I would disagree strongly with a previous poster who says it is “formulaic”. Quite the contrary in my view, it keeps you guessing as to which way it is going to twist and turn...

However... the cameo... it’s been mentioned as a positive by some in this thread. For me, it fucks up the time lines massively and takes the sheen off what could be a really great Star Wars film. It’s a fuck up and a frustrating and needless one at that. There’s even a massive contradiction between the narrative and the cameo, which involves Kashyyyk. I was quite shocked at the cock up.
:lol:

This one is clearly set up for potential sequels in a way Rogue One wasn't, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back