Sol Bamba "deceived" referee...

Doberman

Striker
... just seen it on Sky Sports' ticker that there will be no further action taking against Cardiff's centre half. He removed his shirt during his goal celebration but Atkinson (the ref) failed to book him. Apparently Atkinson asked if he had removed his shirt and Bamba lied and said no.

what on Earth was Atkinson looking at in order to fail to notice that Bamba had ripped his shirt off and threw it in the air before charging towards the celebrating fans? His shirt was up and over his head before the ball had hit the net and was still lying in the penalty area after Bamba had been dragged back onto the pitch. :confused:

Logon or register to see this image

sorry if seb but this has me baffled. :lol:

Cardiff's Sol Bamba to avoid FA action despite admitting he lied about removing shirt

... just seen it on Sky Sports' ticker that there will be no further action taking against Cardiff's centre half. He removed his shirt during his goal celebration but Atkinson (the ref) failed to book him. Apparently Atkinson asked if he had removed his shirt and Bamba lied and said no.

what on Earth was Atkinson looking at in order to fail to notice that Bamba had ripped his shirt off and threw it in the air before charging towards the celebrating fans? His shirt was up and over his head before the ball had hit the net and was still lying in the penalty area after Bamba had been dragged back onto the pitch. :confused:

Logon or register to see this image

sorry if seb but this has me baffled. :lol:

Cardiff's Sol Bamba to avoid FA action despite admitting he lied about removing shirt

Heard that on radio this morning, what the actual fuck? Surely there has to be an ad opportunity for Specsavers in there somewhere. He should never be allowed to officiate a game again if he needs to ask the player if he removed his shirt.

Do you really care?

yes because I can't actually believe Atkinson didn't notice that Bamba's shirt was lying in the penalty area for upwards of a minute.

I've always hated Atkinson since that Altidore goal that wasn't that ruined his Sunderland career. ;)

I thought if the referee didn’t see it they could take action? I’m not f***ing arsed by the way but the FA just make a mockery of their own rules the f***ing clowns.

only for red card offences. Can't retrospectively book someone.

yes because I can't actually believe Atkinson didn't notice that Bamba's shirt was lying in the penalty area for upwards of a minute.

I've always hated Atkinson since that Altidore goal that wasn't that ruined his Sunderland career. ;)

only for red card offences. Can't retrospectively book someone.

So it was a non story from the beginning then? He will face no action because they can’t do retrospective action.

So it was a non story from the beginning then? He will face no action because they can’t do retrospective action.

well it's not a non-story because there was hell on last week after Gray(?) was booked for Leicester for removing his shirt in tribute to Vichai with numerous pundits claiming the ref in question would suffer a demotion if he didn't follow the laws of the game. Week later and here we have Atkinson blatantly struggling to follow the same rule.

The issue in this case is that Bamba deliberately lied to the referee but if Atkinson's too stupid to notice Bamba didn't have his shirt on then I say Bamba should lie if he can get away with it.

Willie Collum’s fault iirc

won't be Craig Thomson's fault. He was excellent yesterday.

just so happens that when Rangers are reffed to the same standard as the opposition, we're actually pretty good. Who'd have guessed?!

Anyway. This is about Cardiff, Sol Bamba and Atkinson so leave the digs to another thread. ;)

If you’re going to punish players for lying to or deceiving the ref, there’ll be no one left to play.

there's a difference between diving to deceive the ref and then arguing there was enough contact etc etc and actually answering a referee's "yes or no" question with the wrong answer deliberately. :lol:

This is really not worth getting your knickers in a knot over.

christ. It's a tough crowd tonight. No-ones getting their knickers in a twist. I just posed the question how can the referee miss something so blatant?

I know. Asking a question about the weekend's football on a football forum. I'm scum.

He was hardly going to say yes.

the referee shouldn't even be asking him in the first place.

I reckon Atkinson has forgotten to book him and then tried to cover his tracks with the worst cover story ever.

christ. It's a tough crowd tonight. No-ones getting their knickers in a twist. I just posed the question how can the referee miss something so blatant?

I know. Asking a question about the weekend's football on a football forum. I'm scum.

the referee shouldn't even be asking him in the first place.

I reckon Atkinson has forgotten to book him and then tried to cover his tracks with the worst cover story ever.
Calm down you're getting your knickers in a knot. ;)

I don’t see why they just can’t retrospectively book him. That said it would probably set a precedent that other clubs could use in favour/against retrospective action.

Calm down you're getting your knickers in a knot. ;)

:lol: sod off.

I'm putting this hostile reception down to the fact that we don't care about the premier league anymore. :neutral:

I don’t see why they just can’t retrospectively book him. That said it would probably set a precedent that other clubs could use in favour/against retrospective action.

where do you draw the line though? Say someone's been booked in a game and then commits another bookable offence which the ref misses do the FA retrospectively issue the 2nd yellow and subsequent suspension?

Last edited:

Back