Sol Bamba "deceived" referee...

That's an incident where the ref would have to play on if he hasn't seen it, the officials referee the game on what they see. **
The Bamba incident was while the ball was out of play.

** for what it's worth, yes I would tell the ref i'd handled the ball (and I'm not saying that just to win the argument ;))
Nobody would mate your having a laugh, just have a think what you just said. The ref then gives a penalty what would your team mates think?

Bemba could have said “if you didn’t see it how can you book me”

Which may have been better than lying
The ref fucked up again, he should be embarrassed for even asking the question

that's contentious too though. The ball might have hit your hand but in your opinion it was ball to hand, your mate next to you might have thought it deflected onto your hand so it's harsh but the ref might have thought it was hand to ball. There's no yes or no as you'd be arguing no but the ref is thinking yes.

when the issue is removing the shirt, you can hardly argue otherwise if your shirt's lying in the penalty area. :lol:

Samba actually charged towards the stands. I'm not sure if he ended up in the fans (can't remember) but was close enough that the ref should have been aware in order to manage the situation. I can't fathom out what Atkinson was actually doing.

I'm not convinced he's asked Samba like. He's seen it, forgot to book him in all the drama and then when he's been pulled up, he's thought "ah shit" and came out with some nonsense cover up story. I'd like Samba to actually come out and call him out on it if that's the case.
Exactly
The ref has fucked up and should totally ashamed of his actions by asking Samba that if he even did. Samba was under no obligation to say yes or no

Last edited:
The ref fucked up again, he should be embarrassed for even asking the question

Exactly
The ref has fucked up and should totally ashamed of his actions by asking Samba that if he even did. Samba was under no obligation to say yes or no
Samba should have just said “no comment” and left it to his legal team.

Remember when Robbie Fowler lifted his shirt to reveal a message in support of the then-striking Liverpool dockers? That's what the shirt removal rule seeks to avoid.

Back