Social Media killing our club

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, the power of social media has decimated the way people view our political parties.

As with Boris - who is a huge shit sandwich - the country was in a healthy position for the priviliged few, the rest being hounded out by the keyboard warriors.

Discuss.
I've edited it a bit. Just a bit mind you.

I thought constantly selling players and replacing them with worse players, relying on loan players, bad ownership, constant bad management was the problem but it maybe social media

Money is what the game is all about.. look at the top six in the Prmier League, not a pauper among them
Tried explaining this to my lad last week. Couldn't get his head around it. Thinks the top clubs are rich because they're great teams. Can't see it from the other side that they are great becuase they are rich. Trying to explain to a bairn that the big clubs are usually in the big cities confused him even more. It doesn't mean clubs can always buy their way to the top either though.

In my opinion, the power of social media has decimated the way our club has operated since SD has taken over.

As with JR who inherited a huge shit sandwich but had the club in a healthy position before being sacked, PP who has not had a chance to build his own squad is being hounded out by the keyboard warriors.

Discuss.

Social media is a tool. If you use it correctly it works for you. SD originally used it well, but then ignored it and that causes issues

In my opinion, the power of social media has decimated the way our club has operated since SD has taken over.

As with JR who inherited a huge shit sandwich but had the club in a healthy position before being sacked, PP who has not had a chance to build his own squad is being hounded out by the keyboard warriors.

Discuss.
Couldn’t agree more , another thing people moaning on about long balls then kicking off booing the players when they pass it backwards if a pass isn’t on its f***ing embarrassing I’d say 70% of our fans haven’t a f***ing clue about football and just turn up to get pissed and complain
Tried explaining this to my lad last week. Couldn't get his head around it. Thinks the top clubs are rich because they're great teams. Can't see it from the other side that they are great becuase they are rich. Trying to explain to a bairn that the big clubs are usually in the big cities confused him even more. It doesn't mean clubs can always buy their way to the top either though.
I’d say over the years we have spent more than wolves and sheff Utd

Last edited:
it hasn’t happened very often, these days the big boys buy up the better players, even if only to lend them out. Ust ook at Maja.

Discuss.

I think you’re giving too much credit to the power of people whinging on here mate.

The negativity and overreactions on social media helps spread bad feeling and negativity and that doesn't help especially in poor situations likes ours at the moment, but that's the modern world and it certainly isn't the underlying cause.

Last season people bought into the ethos the new owners were spreading and getting behind the team regardless and that largely stemmed from people wanting to back the team, new owners and the club and much of that came from and spread on social media. Reactions like the roar when we went behind against Charlton and the backing of the team nomatter what in the early stages of last season even when conceding early on or losing leads were more regular than they should have been were born out of something building up in defiance of what had went before it and much of that built up on places like this form and Facebook groups etc.

That can only last so long though when constant poor decisions are made and promises aren't delivered.

Interesting points of view, the players and management will all be aware of what’s been said on Social Media and in particular this forum. My point is it creates pressure on the players which undoubtedly impacts on their performance.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t have a say, it’s the constant call for players to be dropped and others recalled, who they had previously called for to be dropped.

We really are a shambles, in dire straits and up shit creek.

I feel for those still going in hope that something might happen, the best we can hope for is the play offs and PP brings in a couple of decent signings.

Is steve from Seaham or Peterlee ffs?
Steve is from Seaham and Our Steve is from Peterlee
Interesting points of view, the players and management will all be aware of what’s been said on Social Media and in particular this forum. My point is it creates pressure on the players which undoubtedly impacts on their performance.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t have a say, it’s the constant call for players to be dropped and others recalled, who they had previously called for to be dropped.

We really are a shambles, in dire straits and up shit creek.

I feel for those still going in hope that something might happen, the best we can hope for is the play offs and PP brings in a couple of decent signings.
Ah, so you haven’t seen much of us this season then?
Or in 2019 as a whole?
Currently we have a squad with no motivation, passion or desire.

Last edited:

Discuss.

Would rather not thanks

In the last 4 seasons we’ve finished bottom of the premier league and then bottom of the championship, lost twice at Wembley, failed to get out of league one and are currently sitting 12th in the third tier after no wins in 8.

For all social medias pros and cons, it’s got fuck all to do with any ill feelings around the club.

I did feel sorry for Chris Waters the amount of extra work Donald used to hurl at him via twitter. I bet he's pleased he's packed it in / gone incognito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back