Snarwatch 2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

today was the coldest i've ever been at the match. had god knows how many layers on and 2 pairs of socks and was still freezing. walking across the bridge was unreal.

today was the coldest i've ever been at the match. had god knows how many layers on and 2 pairs of socks and was still freezing. walking across the bridge was unreal.

I was stupidly unprepared, no thermals and felt ill I was that cold. That said I saw people in tshirts, thin jackets, jeans or trakkies with no socks etc who didn't seem to be bothered.

Coldest I ever remember being was home to QPR circa 1997/1998 around this time of year. We were 2-0 up but threw it away and drew 2-2.

I had loads of layers on and took a flask of coffee for half time, but I still felt cold. It was the wind that was the worst. Walking back under St Peters Metro Station and getting the full blast off the sea while walking over the bridge was brutal.

Had a training session this morning as we had no game.

I bailed out after 25 minutes. It was f***ing brutal the wind. Must have made the temperature drop to about -6/7

Northumbria Police
37 mins ·
Snow is currently affecting travel at various locations across the force. Snow is expected to fall until the early hours and it is advised that you take care when driving and only travel if absolutely necessary. Areas of Hexham and the A68 are experiencing particularly bad conditions. Listen to local news for further updates.

My parents are up at The Calvert Trust at Kielder and are due to drive home in the morning. I hope they get home safely.

Northumbria Police
37 mins ·
Snow is currently affecting travel at various locations across the force. Snow is expected to fall until the early hours and it is advised that you take care when driving and only travel if absolutely necessary. Areas of Hexham and the A68 are experiencing particularly bad conditions. Listen to local news for further updates.

My parents are up at The Calvert Trust at Kielder and are due to drive home in the morning. I hope they get home safely.

Is that something to do with people that have had head injuries Becs? I know one of my mates Mams is away to that , if its the same thing.

I was stupidly unprepared, no thermals and felt ill I was that cold. That said I saw people in tshirts, thin jackets, jeans or trakkies with no socks etc who didn't seem to be bothered.

Coldest I ever remember being was home to QPR circa 1997/1998 around this time of year. We were 2-0 up but threw it away and drew 2-2.
Good Friday, the weekend our promotion charge blew up!!

Good Friday that

Just drove back from a gig the bastard roads haven't been gritted at all cars sliding everywhere and passed a van smashed into a sign, I want my council tax back.

Just dropped a few of the lads of at Gosforth and then Kingston Park. Was -4 by the time I got up to the Tesco, and the snow was about an inch deep.

Drove back into Newcastle and the Central Motorway was an absolute mess. Not a gritter to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back