Snarwatch 2018 Edition

Vredestein quatrac 5 on audi a4 avant quattro. How about you?

Ah that's all season too, but more winter orientated. I had them on an Aygo I had a few years ago, not really comparable to a A4 and I didn't have it long, they had a lot of good reviews. I have a set of Michelin Crossclimate, they are on a xc60 and cost £150 each :cry:

Ah that's all season too, but more winter orientated. I had them on an Aygo I had a few years ago, not really comparable to a A4 and I didn't have it long, they had a lot of good reviews. I have a set of Michelin Crossclimate, they are on a xc60 and cost £150 each :cry:

Whilst that's pricey it sounds like a good deal on them tyres, an Xc60 with them on will be able to go pretty much anywhere unless the snow simply gets to deep. I'm paying £560 + £30 extra for wheel alignment.

Whilst that's pricey it sounds like a good deal on them tyres, an Xc60 with them on will be able to go pretty much anywhere unless the snow simply gets to deep. I'm paying £560 + £30 extra for wheel alignment.

I was watching a video on youtube where the guy drove on them from london to the alps in the dry and rain, then drove up a very snowy mountain in a front wheel drive car. The AWD in the XC60 whilst not being the best system out there, im hoping mixed with these tyres will mean my wife will never get stuck if she gets caught out when she's out and about county durham for work. They are 235/65/17 so budgets are 90-100 each anyway. I did find them for £10 a tyre cheaper online including fitting but with the forecast for yesterday being bad I wanted them on, turned out I didn't need to rush.

I have had the Cross Climate plus on my golf r for afew weeks now. Extremely impressive tyre and have dealt with the little bit of snow we have had so far, can thoroughly recommend them

I have had the Cross Climate plus on my golf r for afew weeks now. Extremely impressive tyre and have dealt with the little bit of snow we have had so far, can thoroughly recommend them

Was a toss up between them and the vredestein on my audi, went with the latter as I'm spending a lot of time in the simonside hills at the moment

I was watching a video on youtube where the guy drove on them from london to the alps in the dry and rain, then drove up a very snowy mountain in a front wheel drive car. The AWD in the XC60 whilst not being the best system out there, im hoping mixed with these tyres will mean my wife will never get stuck if she gets caught out when she's out and about county durham for work. They are 235/65/17 so budgets are 90-100 each anyway. I did find them for £10 a tyre cheaper online including fitting but with the forecast for yesterday being bad I wanted them on, turned out I didn't need to rush.

Yeah, I'm paying little more than for the Conti's that are on at the moment 245/40/18

Last edited:

Back