Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

One year without, almost to the day. Would love to have a cheeky one every now and again with a pint but not going to allow myself, the kick up the arse of level 3 dysplasia in my tongue scared it out of me.

Maybe when smoking was allowed in pubs as we all went home stinking

To be fair at school most the thickheads or wrong uns smoked
So did a fair few of the kids who were at the top end of the school, point being education is hardly a key contributor to people smoking

With all the warnings out there you'd think even people classed as "intelligent" would know that it's a pretty horrific vice to take up.

Quite, but unlike smoking, people only tend to drink at certain times of the day or week.
People smoke all the time. In fact I think some people who have now moved to vaping now do it more than they may have smoked
Same goes for alcohol and food...all the warnings about warnings about what is bad for is yet people still ignore them.

Same goes for alcohol and food...all the warnings about warnings about what is bad for is yet people still ignore them.

They do, but you don't tend to eat 20 burgers a day. I suspect many smokers go through more than that

Don't be such a wet blanket. The diesel fumes you breath in every day will be a thousand times worse than the very very occasional waft of tobacco smoke.

Probably, but cig smoke is vile.

They do, but you don't tend to eat 20 burgers a day. I suspect many smokers go through more than that

Probably, but cig smoke is vile.
How can you compare the amount of cigarettes smoked compared to eating a burger? What about all the hidden fats and chemicals in virtually all of our food? We eat pretty often so you can't just single one food group out

I'm watching my father die slowly of lung cancer and I'm absolutely baffled why anyone would even consider smoking watching what he's going though. Incidentally he quit when he was 25 and his cancer was discovered when he was 65. Started as throat cancer and spread. Watching him feed through a tube because he can't swallow is hideous.

Still it looks cool as fuck because the smb said so.

Just stuck my head into a smoke hut to speak to someone, why the fuck do people still do this manky habit?
Makes you stink. Makes your breath honk. Makes you age prematurely.
Plus that cancer carry- on, surely people value life more than sucking on a tube full of chemicals?
So they don't end up like stiff arsed snobs, like you..;)

One year without, almost to the day. Would love to have a cheeky one every now and again with a pint but not going to allow myself, the kick up the arse of level 3 dysplasia in my tongue scared it out of me.
Aye, that'll do it, like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back