SMB weight loss thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive cut down loads on drink this month and after having a few yesterday, I am contemplating being t-total. I honestly get little enjoyment out of my drink now and feel shit the next day, not the usual hangover as in headache, feel sick etc. But I feel really unhappy and down next day after the drink.

Ive cut down loads on drink this month and after having a few yesterday, I am contemplating being t-total. I honestly get little enjoyment out of my drink now and feel shit the next day, not the usual hangover as in headache, feel sick etc. But I feel really unhappy and down next day after the drink.
I'm in a similar situation, I don't need to drink but because I've been bought drink at xmas (when I asked people not too!) I feel that it needs to get used up.

I'm in a similar situation, I don't need to drink but because I've been bought drink at xmas (when I asked people not too!) I feel that it needs to get used up.
I dont need or want drink at all. I only used to drink regular because my lass would drink wine in house and felt left out so would get bottles. Now I am single I dont need to come across drink unless its the odd night out.

Current weight: 14st 10lb
Target weight: 13st
Height: 5'11"

I was 17st 3lb around 20 months ago and got down to 13st 10lb up to November last year then i had a few weeks on holiday then christmas and i piled a stone back on.
Just weighed myself, down to 14st and half a pound...
Very pleased with that, although I am going to the Fulham game tonight so I expect to put a few pounds back on.

Ive only got 3lb to do and that's 3 stone lost over 18 months, actually can't believe it
wow congrats! I'll avoid the standard smb response of 'pics' :lol:

My own has stalled I've lost a bit of motivation stepped on scales for first time in a few weeks this morning, haven't put any weight back on so still 13lb down since January 2nd

Ive only got 3lb to do and that's 3 stone lost over 18 months, actually can't believe it

That is tremendous. Didnt think you had that to lose :lol:

I dont need or want drink at all. I only used to drink regular because my lass would drink wine in house and felt left out so would get bottles. Now I am single I dont need to come across drink unless its the odd night out.

Dont you miss the taste though? Same way I wouldnt give up my favourite foods.

I'm struggling to fit in 10,000 steps a day. I'm going for a walk on my lunch and dropping the kids at school and going to the gym. Other than that I'm pretty much sat at a desk apart from the odd desktop support/server room work.

wow congrats! I'll avoid the standard smb response of 'pics' :lol:

My own has stalled I've lost a bit of motivation stepped on scales for first time in a few weeks this morning, haven't put any weight back on so still 13lb down since January 2nd
There is a photo on my Instagram mind :lol:!
But thank you! Yeah it's been tough, I lost the first 2 stone over 7 months when I was really strict with it, then gradually the last stone HaS came off, had a bit of a break over xmas mind!

That is tremendous. Didnt think you had that to lose :lol:

I didn't until my dad pointed out I looked a bit "podgy" im glad he did now mind :lol:

IIRC you are skinny as owt. Why do you need to lose another 3lbs?

You split up recently, didn't you? In many ways it's good that you haven't resorted drinking a lot.

Literally no reason to do it unless you like the taste and enjoy it. Good on you!

You split up recently, didn't you? In many ways it's good that you haven't resorted drinking a lot.

Literally no reason to do it unless you like the taste and enjoy it. Good on you!

Last bits of the baby belly, to be fair it's more toning and maintaining now

Not at all mate, I dont love the taste of drink as much as I like a takeaway or junk food. Some chilled sparkling water after a jog hits the spot just as much as alcohol. I like a few bottles of Peroni etc but as I said, dont crave it 100th as much as a pizza or burger :lol:

Yes mate. Cheers, I can really do without out physically and mentally. Been throwing myself into gym since break up and waking up on a sunday morning to go training hangover free is priceless to me now.

Finally got weighed, 13st 11, a loss of 5lb, lost 2.5 inches off my measurements too, happy with that.

Feel fitter, stronger, and can see my body changing shape, all in the space of 2 weeks.

Weight on 5th Jan - 205lbs
Weight on 2 Feb - 198.2lbs
Target weight: 182lbs
Height: 6'3"

Lost just short of 7 pounds in 4 weeks and an inch off my belly

Body Fat % dropped by 1.6% and muscle percentage went up by 0.9%

Fuck I need to join in. Just got weighed for the first time in a year, 17 stone 6, 6'4". I need to get down to around 14 and a half to 15. Put a stone on in a year. Bastard squads.

Same weight as last week, I've put it down to lack of gym and eating like a gannit.

Down to 13st 8, another 3lb off, am bastard starving and have been to the gym so it's time for a mixed kebab and glass of wine.

I started yesterday. I'm fully motivated. Installed the My Fitness Pal app like recommended on here and have been entering everything I've ate or drank in order to keep check.

I lost a shit load of weight back in 2011 and I have never been fitter or healthier as an adult. Would love to get somewhere like that again. I've set my phone background as a picture of me from then as motivation. Shaved my beard off yesterday to signal the start of a new me :cool: Very, very determined.

As long as people don't mind I'm going to use this thread to help document where I'm at.

My biggest problems when it comes to diet is drink - pop during the day, beer on a night if I'm playing pool - and eating shite at work.

I can knock the pop/beer on the head no bother. Junk food is more of an issue - I usually allow temptation to take over if I'm hungry, so I've started bringing meals to work and have filled my drawer at work with healthy snacks so I don't feel the need to go out and buy shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back