SMB weight loss thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ate right for 2 weeks now, apart from match day last week where it all went a bit pear shaped. Was 193lbs by my scales this morning. Want to get below 190lbs before the run, might be tricky with an all inclusive stag do coming up!

I've been told I'm overweight, 84kg and can run 5k in under 20 minutes, and 10k in under 45 minutes.

I might have a bit excess body fat, but I can carry it well.

More importantly I'm happy with my self and my copious amount of beer drinking.

I'm late joining this but I started a diet 25 days ago. I'm 53 years old, 5'10", and was 17 stone 2 lbs

Today I'm 16 stone 3 lbs. I've cut my calories down to 1600-1700 a day using myfitnesspal.com as a guide, and upped my exercise to at least 500 calories a day. Weekends I do a lot more exercise, I bought a cross trainer (which I hate but I'm doing it) and fixed my bike up and did 20 miles yesterday, 10 the day before. I've even been swimming which I avoided for years because of how heavy I am, but feck it, anyone looks at me wrong and I'll divebomb the skinny bastards.

My target weight is around 13 and a half stone

I'm late joining this but I started a diet 25 days ago. I'm 53 years old, 5'10", and was 17 stone 2 lbs

Today I'm 16 stone 3 lbs. I've cut my calories down to 1600-1700 a day using myfitnesspal.com as a guide, and upped my exercise to at least 500 calories a day. Weekends I do a lot more exercise, I bought a cross trainer (which I hate but I'm doing it) and fixed my bike up and did 20 miles yesterday, 10 the day before. I've even been swimming which I avoided for years because of how heavy I am, but feck it, anyone looks at me wrong and I'll divebomb the skinny bastards.

Well done mate.

Started diet after summer holidays, down half a stone in 4 weeks including a week away on a training course which meant hotel food and beer. Atkins style diet with (treadmill) running and some lighter weights (madcows but starting at 2/3 5rm)

Want to get from 14st4 (wehere I was) to around 12st (still a good stone and a half above my ideal weight but deal with that if I get there)

Right, I'm sick of f***ing dipping in and out of this. Booked a holiday now so I've got something to keep me motivated.

Bad food tastes so good. My goal here is to try and make nice tasting food that can satisfy my cravings. I'm also lazy as fuck so going to have to work out a way of making it all when I have the time.

On top of that, back in the gym.

I've gone from 17 stone 2 to 16 stone 3 in four weeks on a low carb high-fat diet. Not ultra ultra low, but doing a bit of exercise on the side and eating sensibly seems to be working so far.

Just an update, today I got under 15 stone, that's 2 stone 2 lbs gone in about 10 weeks. I'm well chuffed.

I'm up 4-5lbs this year, nothing noticeable in terms of clothing or to look at me but I can feel my middle getting a bit flabby so I need to focus on my diet. Exercise is still fine, I've just eaten and drank like a total pig this year for several different reasons. Unfortunately all I seem to have planned for the next few weeks are meals out. :lol:

Anyway, it's inspiring to hear that others are keeping at it. :D

Just an update, today I got under 15 stone, that's 2 stone 2 lbs gone in about 10 weeks. I'm well chuffed.

Well done mate but don't lose too much too quickly or you could have stretch marks and weird saggy bits. I was working to 1lb per week but slighly overdid it earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back