SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Anyone else been tempted in by the 3/1 on Rafa before the draw this evening? Still available on Ladbrokes and betvictor it appears.

I don't care if he has that foot amputated there's not a chance in the world I'm ignoring 3/1 on Rafa Nadal to win the French Open. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing Djokovic in the Quarters mind and the price increases a tiny bit admittedly.

Anyone else been tempted in by the 3/1 on Rafa before the draw this evening? Still available on Ladbrokes and betvictor it appears.

I don't care if he has that foot amputated there's not a chance in the world I'm ignoring 3/1 on Rafa Nadal to win the French Open. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing Djokovic in the Quarters mind and the price increases a tiny bit admittedly.
Rafa just needs 2 hours every other day for his foot not to bother him for the 1st week.
Increase that to 3 hours for the 2nd week.
Plus he has his personal doctor with him before and after the matches.
Oh and hes won the thing 13 times.
Anytime Rafa is above evens is worth a bet imo

Last edited:
Rafa just needs 2 hours every other day for his foot not to bother him for the 1st week.
Increase that to 3 hours for the 2nd week.
Plus he has his personal doctor with him before and after the matches.
Oh and hes won the thing 13 times.
Anytime Rafa is above evens is worth a bet imo

Djokovic and Rafa in the same quarter and then they'd play Alcaraz/Zverev in the semi final.

Smart bet at the moment is Tsitsipas I guess.

Rafa showed in the French open last year that even on clay he needs to be fully fit to beat Novak , don’t see how he gets past him this year when he is arguably even more fragile than he was when he lost to him last year .
As good as Alcaraz is the 2/1 on him is crazy short ,beating Djokovic or Nadal in a masters is one thing but it’s a whole different ball game doing it in best of five at a slam.
I took 5/2 on Djokovic a few weeks ago and I thought even a short price like that was excellent value at the time. He looks nailed on to win it I think .

Last edited:
Djokovic and Rafa in the same quarter and then they'd play Alcaraz/Zverev in the semi final.

Smart bet at the moment is Tsitsipas I guess.
Hes got Musetti in the 1st round and then maybe Shapovalov and Ruud in the 4th and quarters....i hope he makes the final and wins it.
That Nadal half is stacked, he couldnt have asked for a worse half on paper.
Potentially Wawrinka, Botic, Felix, Djokovic, Zverev/Alcaraz, Tsitsipas
Djokovic with Schwartzman, Rafa, Zverev/Alcaraz
Rafa showed in the French open last year that even on clay he needs to be fully fit to beat Novak , don’t see how he gets past him this year when he is arguably even more fragile than he was when he lost to him last year .
As good as Alcaraz is the 2/1 on him is crazy short ,beating Djokovic or Nadal in a masters is one thing but it’s a whole different ball game doing it in best of five at a slam.
I took 5/2 on Djokovic a few weeks ago and I thought even a short price like that was excellent value at the time. He looks nailed on to win it I think .
Not surprisingly Djokovic odds have lengthened slightly

Iga Swiatek now below evens to win the tournament, mad. Never seen owt like that in the woman's game before I don't think. Hard to disagree either really. The odds on her to win the tournament without dropping a set are lower than the odds for the second favourite to win the tournament :D

Hes got Musetti in the 1st round and then maybe Shapovalov and Ruud in the 4th and quarters....i hope he makes the final and wins it.
That Nadal half is stacked, he couldnt have asked for a worse half on paper.
Potentially Wawrinka, Botic, Felix, Djokovic, Zverev/Alcaraz, Tsitsipas
Djokovic with Schwartzman, Rafa, Zverev/Alcaraz

Not surprisingly Djokovic odds have lengthened slightly

Yeah, Tsitsipas doesn't really have the best draw when you look at it! Bet he's over the moon realistically though. I'd actually be a bit way for Shapovalov against Rune first up if Rune didn't have the worst fitness levels of just about any player on tour. Cramping up badly (again) today and still managed to win so he's got at least one more to play this week, bodes well for best of five starting next in a few days... if I wasn't spending a fair whack this weekend down London I'd be considering going heavy on Shapovalov @ 6/10 against Rune before those odds drop.

Hopefully big Jo Willy takes out Ruud first up as well in that section and extends his career another match!

Iga Swiatek now below evens to win the tournament, mad. Never seen owt like that in the woman's game before I don't think. Hard to disagree either really. The odds on her to win the tournament without dropping a set are lower than the odds for the second favourite to win the tournament :D

Yeah, Tsitsipas doesn't really have the best draw when you look at it! Bet he's over the moon realistically though. I'd actually be a bit way for Shapovalov against Rune first up if Rune didn't have the worst fitness levels of just about any player on tour. Cramping up badly (again) today and still managed to win so he's got at least one more to play this week, bodes well for best of five starting next in a few days... if I wasn't spending a fair whack this weekend down London I'd be considering going heavy on Shapovalov @ 6/10 against Rune before those odds drop.

Hopefully big Jo Willy takes out Ruud first up as well in that section and extends his career another match!
Rafa could gave fognini or botic in 3rd round...

It's all just a bit sad watching Dominic Thiem at the minute, hard not to feel sorry for him. Poor lad looks shot to bits.
He could do with taking a month or two off or dropping down to challenger level for a bit. He’s losing every match he plays at the moment.

Almost getting a bit choked up watching Tsonga finish that off. Deserved a fifth set, his career really really didn't deserve to end like that.

A proper legend right there.

Norris? ;)

He's in the wrong side of the draw, of course, for going too far.

Evans still in as well, although he's drawn to meet Tsitsipas in round 3.
Autocorrect 😂

I believe Evans can beat Tsitsipas. He hasn’t been playing that well recently.

Nadal is still the best bet, even if his draw is difficult.

As good a win as that is for Alcaraz, having to put as much into that as he did is a massive kick in the bollocks for his hopes of winning this tournament. Korda up next who beat him recently and is playing well and then potentially Norrie after who he'd most likely beat but he always has to work very hard to get past.

Then if he gets through that it's probably the simple task of Zverev > Rafa/Djokovic > Tsitsipas/Ruud/whoever :D

Back