SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Good luck to her, I hope she doesn't have any regrets in later years.
She probably won't as she had already taken a break a few years ago to play cricket.
I liked watching her play, reminded me of Sanchez Vicario in never giving any rally.

Terrifying how good he is. I really wouldn't be surprised if he matches Murray's slam count in the next 2/3 years. Quite happy with my 50/1 punt on him for Wimbledon back in January!

His game looks versatile enough to succeed on every surface. If he improves his serve then he could run through what right now is a pretty mediocre ATP field, for a long long time.

Terrifying how good he is. I really wouldn't be surprised if he matches Murray's slam count in the next 2/3 years. Quite happy with my 50/1 punt on him for Wimbledon back in January!

His game looks versatile enough to succeed on every surface. If he improves his serve then he could run through what right now is a pretty mediocre ATP field, for a long long time.
Who

Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune is playing in the final of the Sanremo Challenger today at 11.30am then he is scheduled to play in the qualifying for Monte Carlo at 4.00om.

A bit harsh. Could have easily scheduled his match for tomorrow.

Three hours and 32 minutes coming from a set down saving match point twice and breaking twice to save the match twice in the second set against someone that's gonna make you grind and play more balls than just about anyone else on tour. If Carlos Alcaraz can somehow win that and then beat Diego Schwartzman in the same day at 19 years old he might be even more of a freak than people realised.

That first match point save :lol: bit lucky de Minaur hit it there but that winner was nuts.

That bet is looking better and better. When I saw this post I stuck a bet on him for Wimbledon at 25/1. He’s now 9/1.

Alcaraz is probably the best player in the world already. He’s like a cross between Nadal and Ferderer but with the movement of Djokovic.

He’ll get close to 20 grand slams if he stays fit.

Mad to think Sir Muzz beat him about 9 month back because Alcaraz tired too quickly and couldn't keep up with him in the third set.

The French Open draw could be fun. If Rafa, Djokovic and Alcaraz get put in the same half then there's a chance there for someone else. Obviously not all of these are their best there's a chance Alcaraz could have a draw that looked something like Fognini > Thiem > Wawrinka > Schwartzman > Ruud > Djokovic > Nadal :lol:

Also - Iga Swiatek is 2/1 to win the French Open, will there ever have been a female player that short to win a Slam not named Serena Williams? Steffi presumably but I'm guessing that'll be it.

Back