SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

At 6 years his younger I’d expect him to. He’s the current No.1 and in his prime. He’s also a very good player. Took him 5 hours, a better tie break strategy, and a bit of luck, but he got it over the line. Fair play to him. Maybe one day he’ll become the best ever!

Did he win a set that didn’t go to tie break?

I see irony is lost on you :lol:
Why does it matter if he didn’t win a set that didn’t go to tie break :lol:

At 6 years his younger I’d expect him to. He’s the current No.1 and in his prime. He’s also a very good player. Took him 5 hours, a better tie break strategy, and a bit of luck, but he got it over the line. Fair play to him. Maybe one day he’ll become the best ever!

Did he win a set that didn’t go to tie break?

I see irony is lost on you :lol:
It seems like you’re taking the defeat worse than Roger :lol:

Because you’re laughing at my post saying he had a better tie break strategy. Come on lad keep up :lol:
So he only won because he had a better tie break strategy aye, the greatest Roger should surely have come up with a better strategy after the first two times he got his arse handed to him.

I will say I think there's fair and logical arguments to be made for any of the big three to be the greatest player of all time, but I don't think Federer winning a few more Slams than the other two is one of them reasons.

But he did, and England beat NZ therefore today, Djokovic was the best tennis player and England were the best cricket team. History will record this as wins for Djoko and England
hard to be the best ever, if you are barely better than an 80% version of someone else though.

I'm not talking about who was best today, I'm responding to the "best ever" claim above.

hard to be the best ever, if you are barely better than an 80% version of someone else though.

I'm not talking about who was best today, I'm responding to the "best ever" claim above.
Can't disagree with that. For now. We have to wait and see how it pans out to see if Djoko takes Federer in the longer term.

Setting aside the relative merits of two incredible tennis stars, am I the only person who gets hacked-off with the Wimbledon fans love-in for Federer? Today we saw grown women making "1" finger signs like charver 10 year-olds at Djokovic when he had match point against him - shameful behaviour! As for that free-loader Yank Princess clambering from her copper bath for two days of entertainment - don't get me started!

Still disappointed with the way that final ended, and always a bit sad when the fortnight ends. These past 7 weeks are always pretty manic with the French Open followed by 3 weeks of grass events like Nottingham, Queens/Birmingham, Eastbourne/Wimbledon quals, and then of course the main event.

There are a fair few smaller ATP and WTA events this coming week, but it's generally a quiet couple of weeks until the US Open Series gets underway at the end of the month leading into the final slam of the year starting on Bank Holiday Monday 26th August.

Quite a few questions this year - How will 20-18-16 change? Will all 3 make the semi's? If so, who will be the 4th? Will there be a 'Fedal' for the first time ever at that slam? Will Osaka defend her title and make it 3 hard court slams in a row? Will Serena make yet another or finally reach 24? How will Coco Gauff get on? It's probably the slam with the most favourable time zone for a lot of people with the daily 4pm starts (on Amazon Prime again).

Setting aside the relative merits of two incredible tennis stars, am I the only person who gets hacked-off with the Wimbledon fans love-in for Federer? Today we saw grown women making "1" finger signs like charver 10 year-olds at Djokovic when he had match point against him - shameful behaviour! As for that free-loader Yank Princess clambering from her copper bath for two days of entertainment - don't get me started!

It was not good tbf

I unfortunately missed today’s final live due to work.

I think we are looking at the three greatest player of all time in federer, nadal and Djokovic in the modern era, arguably all time.

I fully admit, these guys have benefitted over players in the past for travel and medical advantages but how good have these three been man?!

It an insane thought that as good as federer has been and as revered as he is, Djokovic only needs another good year or two to beat him for overall slams and to become the overall best of all time.

Personally, the blokes on a mission to become the best and I think at the end of his career he will be. Bold statement but djoko is really up there imo.

No doubt for me that Djokovic will win the most slams, he has won 5 out the last 6 now, the so called next gen have shown they are not yet good enough and probably never will be. That leaves Nadal and Federer and Djokovic always just seems to find a way to beat them.

Back