SMB Photography Competition - November - Best Shot of the Month - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMB Photography Competition - November - Best Shot of the Month - Discussion thre

Yeah, though obviously it's a bit more hit a miss.

Defo worth giving it a go anyway. I've really enjoyed trying out new types of shot and that off the back of this competition.
Yes, it's been fun. If I get any cross processed done I'll post one. Hope we get a good theme for final month! It's Janie if irc? She'll give us one that makes us think a bit I reckon?

Re: SMB Photography Competition - November - Best Shot of the Month - Discussion thre

Yes, it's been fun. If I get any cross processed done I'll post one. Hope we get a good theme for final month! It's Janie if irc? She'll give us one that makes us think a bit I reckon?

I reckon so. I think an open theme was a great idea for this month, but a specific theme would be nice for the last one.

I've really enjoyed it like, I must say. Learned a lot, got some useful feedback and saw some class photos from everyone.

I've got a few ideas.

"Handbags with faces"
"Geese by a reservoir"

What do you reckon? ;)

I've got a few ideas.

"Handbags with faces in yellow" >> Yes:)
"Geese by a reservoir" I really don't live near a reservoir so no!

What do you reckon? ;)

Shoes, handbags and smiles?

Very quiet on the post a shot thread - am awaiting about 30 posts betwen next Saturday and Tuesday!

Having said that, I'm still trying to get my model to pose! :evil::lol:

Last edited:

I think the snow could provide a few people with some decent shots.

Agreed. Wish i had waited now!

btw forgot to add c&c welcome...:oops:

You should be able to swap it if you get a shot you prefer - people have in past months.

i swapped one of mine during the summer, got griefed so changed it back.

i swapped one of mine during the summer, got griefed so changed it back.

tbh it doesn't bother me, but the argument against is that if you post a picture of a cow on a skateboard, then change it to a dog on a bike, then that means that people can't post either a cow on a skateboard or a dog on a bike.

Given that this month's theme is wide open, I don't think applies. I'm sure there'll be a lot of snowy pics this month, for instance. And probably some cows on skateboards, you idea thieving bastards.

It might be an idea for next year to get a clear list of rules drawn up. There's been a bit of needle in some months, and I think it takes away the fun a bit.

fwiw I'd be in favour of having as few rules as possible, other than the basic one of photos having to be taken in the month of the competition.

i totally agree with all that spav, it doesnt bother me in the slightest if someone was to change a pic just as long as they have settled on one by the last day of the comp.

Bastard! I was going to do a cow on a skateboard :evil:

Calm down everyone. Next month's theme, which I get to choose, will be cows on skateboards. You'll all get your chance.

No it won't like

I've taken hundreds of shots this month but haven't had the films processed yet. I'll get that done in the next day or two. Fingers crossed.

Bastard. The dogs just off the stabilisers anarl. :evil:

Just posted one up of my daughter in the snow. Didnt stop out long it was bleaching down and didnt have my camera covered. C&C Welcome on it, cropped a bit and a bit of curve adjustment etc with photoshop.

I think the snow could provide a few people with some decent shots.

hopefully i should be out tomorrow

hope the camera doesn't freeze mind

Went into the back garden today for the first time in a couple of days. The snow is up to my knees! I've taken a couple of photos of the street on my phone I'll hopefully stick them on here sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back