SMB Photography Competition - November - Best Shot of the Month - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMB Photography Competition - November - Best Shot of the Month - Discussion thre

Haven't took a single photograph this month after taking friggin millions last month.

Must force myself to get the camera out tomorrow.

:-D

Looking forward to one of your astronomy jobs fella. They're immense.

Cheers spavin, just posted one from last night - don't think I am likely to better that this month.

Re: SMB Photography Competition - November - Best Shot of the Month - Discussion thre

Cheers spavin, just posted one from last night - don't think I am likely to better that this month.

Je-sus. :lol:

That's amazing fella.

EDIT - something quite poppy-ish about it too, very appropriate for the time of year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hopefully off to Druridge Bay tomorrow afternoon before the football so will hopefully get a few photos when I'm there.

Je-sus. :lol:

That's amazing fella.

EDIT - something quite poppy-ish about it too, very appropriate for the time of year.

Good spot - it never occurred to me, but could still have been subliminal.

Fair play cook. You've got my vote. :lol:

To Cook, very noble of you to enter that one, but to the judges I don't mind if Cook wants to post again and we just take his in the spirit of the day!

It's fair to say I'd had a few last night, I'm just amazed I didn't make any spelling mistakes when I posted the photo :lol:

where are we supposed to post photos chaps ?

It's fair to say I'd had a few last night, I'm just amazed I didn't make any spelling mistakes when I posted the photo :lol:

And here we learn an important lesson: that good photography isn't just about technical skill, it's about passion :cool:.

Took lots of photos this month, couldn't decide which one to use.

I have took one photo this month. And it is shit.

I have took one photo this month. And it is shit.

Good to see you are keeping up your standards spav :)

;)

That's bang out of order.

I usually take LOADS of shit photos. ;)
:)

I haven't been that focused this month, I need a theme to think about. I saw a beautiful "November Sky" but only had my camera on the mobile phone - fine but I don't have a clue how to get pics off the mobile phone to pc so didn't bother. :oops:

:)

I haven't been that focused this month, I need a theme to think about. I saw a beautiful "November Sky" but only had my camera on the mobile phone - fine but I don't have a clue how to get pics off the mobile phone to pc so didn't bother. :oops:

Aye, the skies here have been class. Not that great at landscapes though, so haven't felt compelled to bring my camera to work or whatever.

Heading out on the weekend, though nee idea what to shoot. Really fancy giving something totally new a go.

Aye, the skies here have been class. Not that great at landscapes though, so haven't felt compelled to bring my camera to work or whatever.

Heading out on the weekend, though nee idea what to shoot. Really fancy giving something totally new a go.
I still plan (at some stage) to go out with film camera and cross process, I've seen it in a magazine but never tried. I think normal everyday colours come out all yellow and turquoise and ornage etc. Some of the end results looked really fun. (maybe in this day of photoshop and digital pictures it can be done on computer but I'd still like to try.)

I still plan (at some stage) to go out with film camera and cross process, I've seen it in a magazine but never tried. I think normal everyday colours come out all yellow and turquoise and ornage etc. Some of the end results looked really fun. (maybe in this day of photoshop and digital pictures it can be done on computer but I'd still like to try.)

I use the Cross Process tool on Picnic - it's cheating, but it's dead easy and I like the effect.

It's not the real deal, but I must admit that I'm a bit fan of it. Here are a couple of examples.

Bog standard pet photo made to look a bit more interesting;
Logon or register to see this image

Macro given a nice colourcast.

I use the Cross Process tool on Picnic - it's cheating, but it's dead easy and I like the effect.

It's not the real deal, but I must admit that I'm a bit fan of it. Here are a couple of examples.

Bog standard pet photo made to look a bit more interesting;
Like the cat one. I think in film it can be a bit more "over the top" colourwise?

Like the cat one. I think in film it can be a bit more "over the top" colourwise?

Yeah, though obviously it's a bit more hit a miss.

Defo worth giving it a go anyway. I've really enjoyed trying out new types of shot and that off the back of this competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back