SMB Biggest Loser 2014: The Contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use this. It's got a massive database of almost every food you can buy and you can work out all nutritional info just from knowing the serving size in grams. Tracks everything, your exercise, weight etc.

I'm up for doing some kind of weight loss, got another stone or so I want to lose.

I personally use MyMacros+ for iPhone. Although I generally recommend MFP as it's free and as you say, has a large database.

Be interesting to see the body composition changes we see from the different approaches, as opposed to purely body mass changes.

I personally use MyMacros+ for iPhone. Although I generally recommend MFP as it's free and as you say, has a large database.

Be interesting to see the body composition changes we see from the different approaches, as opposed to purely body mass changes.

All I've got is slimmer and lighter, although I've still got a belly. That's annoying me. Visibly lost weight everywhere, especially my thighs, but not my belly. Probably going to have to just get rid of that through exercise

Boots have these as well. Used one when I was going on holiday to weigh my bags before the airport :lol: No idea how they work.

Bioelectrical impedance. Sends a weak current through the body. Notoriously inaccurate but not the worst thing you could use if you were consistent with measurement viarbles (time of day, hydration status etc) and were taking averages.

Alternatively, you could just buy some skin fold callipers for a few pound of ebay and take pinches from a few different sites and note how they decrease over time.

Bioelectrical impedance. Sends a weak current through the body. Notoriously inaccurate but not the worst thing you could use if you were consistent with measurement viarbles (time of day, hydration status etc) and were taking averages.

Alternatively, you could just buy some skin fold callipers for a few pound of ebay and take pinches from a few different sites and note how they decrease over time.
Titus, I read somewhere that they are even more inaccurate if you have an underactive thyroid. Is that correct?

Just cut out some shit from your diet. If you have a physically demanding job you'll need a bit of extra energy.

I've lost a lot of weight since about the start of November purely through limiting myself to about 1800 calories a day and doing a bit of exercise. Worked a treat for me so far but I think to lose the rest of the fat I've got I'm going to have to do cardio to get rid of that, maybe doing a 5k run a few days a week on the treadmill might help you burn that.

Good show on the weight loss! I'm not allowed to run on doctors orders or I could die due to dvt in me leg, which is a bit of a pisser.

Too late for me. I've lost just shy of two stone since April. Just another half to go. Down from 17st 4lbs to 15st 5lbs. I want to see those scales back in the 14s by April next year. Best of luck to you all.

Can you cycle or swim or anything?

Yeah, I can and do. Do quite a big swim once a week. I should cycle more than I do but its getting the time and motivation to do it. Was thinking of taking my bike into work and using my lunch hour to go for a ride.

Only thing I need to avoid is heavy impact, so no running. I don't miss running, but I do miss playing football though

Yeah, I can and do. Do quite a big swim once a week. I should cycle more than I do but its getting the time and motivation to do it. Was thinking of taking my bike into work and using my lunch hour to go for a ride.

Only thing I need to avoid is heavy impact, so no running. I don't miss running, but I do miss playing football though
Think about doing the coast to Coast with us then marra. Gives you motivation to get out and train a bit, and a great weekend at the end.

How far is it to cycle to work?

How far is it to cycle to work?

17 miles, Seham to Team Valley :D I cycled in a few times from Carley Hill to TV and it nearly killed me[DOUBLEPOST=1387791805][/DOUBLEPOST]
Think about doing the coast to Coast with us then marra. Gives you motivation to get out and train a bit, and a great weekend at the end.

Would love to but I think it would be the end of me! It'll take me about 3 days to tackle Crawleyside itself. I'd be making basecamps on the way up

17 miles, Seham to Team Valley :D I cycled in a few times from Carley Hill to TV and it nearly killed me[DOUBLEPOST=1387791805][/DOUBLEPOST]

Would love to but I think it would be the end of me! It'll take me about 3 days to tackle Crawleyside itself. I'd be making basecamps on the way up
You would be alright mate with a bit of training. It's good motivation. If it really gets too hard get in the van for a bit. No shame in that, it's just good to do as much as you can. The support you get from other people keeps you going. Just think it might give you a focus to train for.

The best way to lose wieght is to use the move your head to the left then to the right method, do this everytime someone offers you food.

I am very much liking the idea of contestants donating £1 a week to Bradley's cause, or £1 for every lb lost and £5 for every lb gained, or maybe even both.

I am going to need a deputy too as I am away in February with no internet access.

I am very much liking the idea of contestants donating £1 a week to Bradley's cause, or £1 for every lb lost and £5 for every lb gained, or maybe even both.

I am going to need a deputy too as I am away in February with no internet access.
I would be up for the £1 every lb lost and £5 every lb gained I would do it monthly most likely as if i just did over the year it would be too easy to let it slip and still not have to pay the £5 per lb gained as I would be devastated if i weighed more at the end of the year :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back