Slow Horses - AppleTV+

Following on from the TV series I’ve been reading the books. I have to say they are even better. It’ll ruin the tv shows in the future, but well worth it.

Just finished the latest Herron book ( sort of standalone but with some obvious Slough House characters)

Really enjoyed it. Gave suggested background as to Molly Doran's situation and fleshed out the David Cartwright and Charles painter situation a bit more than previously briefly covered.

I read the Boehm books around the time I read the Slow Horses first book. Ok but didn't grab me like SH.
be interesting to see who the writing for the tv is from, based on this thread (having not read the books) i suspect that the layer of fun found in the Apple TV series is down to light touch of comedy added to the originally gritty stories?

be interesting to see who the writing for the tv is from, based on this thread (having not read the books) i suspect that the layer of fun found in the Apple TV series is down to light touch of comedy added to the originally gritty stories?
The books did have that slight comedy thing, albeit nearly all based around Lamb, Ho and Dander to a lesser extent

Back