Slow Horses - AppleTV+

Just watched the first 2 (of 6) episodes and thought they were excellent. Gary Oldman is brilliant. Highly recommend.
Are they all available ?
I've read all of the Jackson Lamb books and await this. Not got Apple TV but will take out a 1 month sub or even a free trial and binge watch them.

Watched the trailer and his voice didn't match what I imagine Lamb sounding like.
Is he as sweary and farty as in the books ?

Are they all available ?
I've read all of the Jackson Lamb books and await this. Not got Apple TV but will take out a 1 month sub or even a free trial and binge watch them.

Watched the trailer and his voice didn't match what I imagine Lamb sounding like.
Is he as sweary and farty as in the books ?
He IS sweary, maybe slightly less farty.
First two episodes available now, next 4 on a weekly basis. Best waiting a month to grab them all at once.

Is this drama, or comedy drama?

based on the books black comedy drama type thing.
Anyone liking the Mick Herron books might give Simon Conways latest two ( The Stranger and The Saboteur) a go as well as Charles Cumming's latest stuff.

Some decent spy novels about ( and not the cold war type thrillers)

Last edited:
based on the books black comedy drama type thing.
Anyone liking the Mick Herron books might give Simon Conways latest two ( The Stranger and The Saboteur) a go as well as Charles Cumming's latest stuff.

Some decent spy novels about ( and not the cold war type thrillers)
Sadly, for me I thought Cummings has gone right off the boil with his last couple. Felt very formulaic than his earlier stuff and less spy fiction and more action-adventure kind of thing.

Chris Pavone's well worth a read - feel fresh and contemporary and original. Also enjoyed Owen Matthew's Black Sun.

Am re-reading the Ipcress File at the mo and the quality of the writing just jumps off the page.

Sadly, for me I thought Cummings has gone right off the boil with his last couple. Felt very formulaic than his earlier stuff and less spy fiction and more action-adventure kind of thing.

Chris Pavone's well worth a read - feel fresh and contemporary and original. Also enjoyed Owen Matthew's Black Sun.

Am re-reading the Ipcress File at the mo and the quality of the writing just jumps off the page.
I agree they are different from his earlier stuff …holiday page turners
I agree they are different from his earlier stuff …holiday page turners
Read the Expats and the second book of two ( from what I remember)

just ordered Black Sun

Last edited:
half way through the six episodes, loving this so far, perfectly cast and executed. Hopefully they'll continue and do the other books too.

Three episodes in and really enjoying it. I've had some of the books lined up to read but not sure how worth it it is now. Oldman is excellent in it.

Back