Slow Horses - AppleTV+

I’m watching some other stuff (Billy The Kidd - meh) and have some other stuff waiting (Fargo S05 and something called ‘Lawman Bass Reeves’). I think I’ll collect 3 or 4 episodes before I dive in to Slow Horses. Cos I know I’ll want to binge.

I've just caught up with this. Having read the books I've had to get the image of Lamb I've had in my head, a gone to seed Roger Allam, out of my head. Physically Oldman works and his mannerisms are good, his voice sounds all wrong thouugh. It's an enjoyable adaptation of good books.

I've just caught up with this. Having read the books I've had to get the image of Lamb I've had in my head, a gone to seed Roger Allam, out of my head. Physically Oldman works and his mannerisms are good, his voice sounds all wrong thouugh. It's an enjoyable adaptation of good books.
Exactly this...physically etc what I imagined from the books but not his voice.

think this has been my favorite series so far, all three episodes have been top notch so far...
his voice sounds all wrong thouugh
from the books but not his voice
having not read the books, i'm fascinated to know why you both say that? and i ask from the point of view of someone who only reads non-fiction & when i read a book by someone like say bob mortimer or richard ayoade i'll read the book in 'their voice'.

Last edited:
think this has been my favorite series so far, all three episodes have been top notch so far...

having not read the books, i'm fascinated to know why you both say that? and i ask from the point of view of someone who only reads non-fiction & when i read a book by someone like say bob mortimer or richard ayoade i'll read the book in 'their voice'.
Hard to say, but having read all the books when I first saw the initial trailer I was looking forward to it I just somehow didn’t have Lamb sounding like he does.
Oldman is good mind ( though maybe not quite as corpulent as I expected)

Best TV of 2023 for me. Best series of the three so far too…

For those who have seen it & read the books… is the oldman Lamb getting closer to the book version? He seems more of a heartless tw@t this time.

Best TV of 2023 for me. Best series of the three so far too…

For those who have seen it & read the books… is the oldman Lamb getting closer to the book version? He seems more of a heartless tw@t this time.
Really excellent series that, loved it, and looks like the fourth will be with us soon.

I’ve read all the books, I’ve always though oldmans lamb was pretty spot on tbh.

Back