Sky Q benefits and price?

A question for those that moved from Sky+ to SkyQ.

What did you do with your old Sky+ digi box(es)?

Got SkyQ installed yesterday, the engineer didn’t take the two old boxes away, so I’ve know idea what to do with them.

Got SkyQ installed yesterday, the engineer didn’t take the two old boxes away, so I’ve know idea what to do with them.
depending on the boxes they will each contain a hard drive , last one i took out of a sky box was 1.5tb been using it and others to store files on works perfectly.

They are your boxes. Why would the engineer take them away ? :confused::confused:

I was advised to keep a hold onto just in case I decided at some point in the future I had to cancel Sky Q.

if you want to go back to normal sky hd or use the old box as a freesat box in the future you'd need to get the sky engineer back out as when you get sky q fitted they change the LNB (little thing on end of the dish) on the dish and it will only work with sky q boxes unless you have specifically asked them to put a hybrid one on.

Never had Sky before but had Sky Q for about 18 months. It's good, no complaints. Pay about £85 for the full package including broadband.

I don't watch much so if it was just me I wouldn't bother but the family watch it all the time so I'd rather pay for the real deal than a stick that buffers and is hard to use.

If you can do without the reliability and usability then no, obviously it isn't worth the money but it depends on your circumstances and your family, people are too quick to slag Sky off imo

If you have a 4k tv and want their 4k stuff, make sure you get the bigger sky q box.

The in-laws just got a 4k tv and ordedicated sky q, thinking they got a good deal but it' the normal sky Q box (cannot do 4k).

All the content is exactly the same as sky HD, so unless you often have recording clashes I wouldn't bother.

if you want to go back to normal sky hd or use the old box as a freesat box in the future you'd need to get the sky engineer back out as when you get sky q fitted they change the LNB (little thing on end of the dish) on the dish and it will only work with sky q boxes unless you have specifically asked them to put a hybrid one on.
That's a neat little trick to get you on the hook seeing as you own the dish. You have a dish that will only now work with their Q product. No more using for Freesat etc if you cancel and they remove the q boxes which are loaned to you

That's a neat little trick to get you on the hook seeing as you own the dish. You have a dish that will only now work with their Q product. No more using for Freesat etc if you cancel and they remove the q boxes which are loaned to you
I reckon if you kick off with em enough they would send someone out to change it free of charge. You shouldn't have to though.

This, anyone getting it fitted ask the engineer to fit you a hybrid LNB

Back