Sky Q benefits and price?

I am thinking the same, the only problem I have is that we currently have the main HD box with 3 multirooms, if I go Sky Q I can only use the main box and 2 mini boxes at once, which is no good for us.....

Sky Q is quality like. At present we pay 48 quid a month for everything (three boxes) and I have no complaints.

Despite what some on here say, Sky/BT are much better then the illegal shite. Frankly you can’t compare the two

You can’t really compare a legit product with a knock off one. It’s like calling someone daft for buying a car from a garage when you can go out and nick one. Owt can be cheap as chips if you are going to steal it.

It’s alarming the number of people that compare the two tbh.

We upgraded the other day to Sky Q, I was getting a bit fed up with a constant recording clashes whenever I was trying to record anything from the crap the wife records. Went for the 2Tb option and the guy was able to do it for for £65 installation fee instead of the £115. Coming on 18th Jan to instal.

As people have said if you don't drink or smoke you have to have some enjoyment in life. The price of Sky now is probably what most pay for a night out or a trip to the cinema!

There are some very good posts on this thread and I must bring them to the attention of our resident expert, @ontap , for his summarisation. He knows you know.

Sky Q is quality like. At present we pay 48 quid a month for everything (three boxes) and I have no complaints.

Despite what some on here say, Sky/BT are much better then the illegal shite. Frankly you can’t compare the two

It’s alarming the number of people that compare the two tbh.
thats fair comment mate , picture quality on iptv streams whislt beins way better than SD , isn,t the quality of sky FHD , however the main difference between the two in my opinion is the lack of choice provided by sky, Am watching wall to wall sport that sky doesn't even broadcast , same with movies , sky movies sucks and has done for years.
I was round daughters yesterday and the picture quality on their main TV on sky Q was spectacular and she was in the kitchen watching netball on fox sports asia on my iptv sub :lol:
She says she hardly uses the sky it just can't compete for variety of content.:rolleyes::lol:

I just got the entertainment package for 11 a month. i was gonna leave it but been paying 28 for line rental, unlimited broadband and phone , and they said i can have the same for just the price of line rental 17.40 a month or similar. So all in less than 30 a month. they offered sports and movies for half price but turned it down

We upgraded the other day to Sky Q, I was getting a bit fed up with a constant recording clashes whenever I was trying to record anything from the crap the wife records. Went for the 2Tb option and the guy was able to do it for for £65 installation fee instead of the £115. Coming on 18th Jan to instal.

As people have said if you don't drink or smoke you have to have some enjoyment in life. The price of Sky now is probably what most pay for a night out or a trip to the cinema!
If you were a Sky VIP member it was free installation

thats fair comment mate , picture quality on iptv streams whislt beins way better than SD , isn,t the quality of sky FHD , however the main difference between the two in my opinion is the lack of choice provided by sky, Am watching wall to wall sport that sky doesn't even broadcast , same with movies , sky movies sucks and has done for years.
I was round daughters yesterday and the picture quality on their main TV on sky Q was spectacular and she was in the kitchen watching netball on fox sports asia on my iptv sub :lol:
She says she hardly uses the sky it just can't compete for variety of content.:rolleyes::lol:

i get it that pirate stuff has more choice but its just incompareable to legit sky as its content theft. if everybody nicked everything there would be no pro sport for anyone to watch, or movies. football clubs would also run the risk of tanking as fewer people would pay for a match ticket.

Toying with the idea of getting sky Q. Already got Sky HD package and multiroom (no internet). Will I have to pay another £10 a month on top of subscription? I already fear £200 for the box alone.

What will I get other than being able to record a few more shows at the same time?

P.S I already have a firestick etc, do not want to have a streaming service.

We got it in recently, like many other for free due to loyalty, and I honestly think it is 50/50 in terms of benefits and drawbacks, many times I've felt like going back to the original, but haven't because of hassle, so if you have to pay extra for it then I definitely wouldn't bother personally.

We got it in recently, like many other for free due to loyalty, and I honestly think it is 50/50 in terms of benefits and drawbacks, many times I've felt like going back to the original, but haven't because of hassle, so if you have to pay extra for it then I definitely wouldn't bother personally.
It's not free

Back