Sky Q benefits and price?

Sky Q is quality like. At present we pay 48 quid a month for everything (three boxes) and I have no complaints.

Despite what some on here say, Sky/BT are much better then the illegal shite. Frankly you can’t compare the two

It’s alarming the number of people that compare the two tbh.
I bet the majority download apps to get free TV though. Bit naive if you think otherwise

We got the box sets package, unlimited fibre and a SIM card for the bairns phone for £50 A month. Getting installed on the 20th of jan for free.

Considering we have been paying £45 A month for broadband for over a year, very happy with the deal we got.

Think I move from platinum to diamond vip this year. Will probably upgrade then. Don't mind paying the extra £12 per month but am I fuck paying over £100 for installation.

I am thinking the same, the only problem I have is that we currently have the main HD box with 3 multirooms, if I go Sky Q I can only use the main box and 2 mini boxes at once, which is no good for us.....

You can use more mate, they just "officially' don't support loads of boxes. It does work though.

Sky Q is quality like. At present we pay 48 quid a month for everything (three boxes) and I have no complaints.

Despite what some on here say, Sky/BT are much better then the illegal shite. Frankly you can’t compare the two

It’s alarming the number of people that compare the two tbh.

I agree but also disagree.

I have both, full Sky Q package and various IPTV subs. You can compare the two, very easily.

With how easy it is now with IPTV and how good they make the interfaces (as they did with enigma2 boxes ages ago) you could get an almost like-for-like comparison. I say almost as of course there's always the possibility of a glitch, but that goes for both platforms.

For me where Sky Q shines these days, is of course UHD. It is absolutely stunning. It is also "easier" for most to find stuff to watch, voice controlled remote, nice and easy to control etc.

A lot of the channels on offer through a decent IPTV sub are as good as Sky for quality now, on the whole. They don't have UHD, so thats a minus, they don't have solid platforms (yet) so thats a minus, but it's getting better constantly.

If I wasn't on a deal, I wouldn't have it in however. The full non-discounted price is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Last Oct I cancelled SKY,during the 30 day cancellation period they kept ringing me offering 50% then 60% discount..I said no...3 days after loosing th3 service they rang and offered me 8mths free then 4 mths for £12.50 a month..I accepted....but in November this year they started charging me £70 a month again so I gav3 them the 30 day cancellation notice...they hav3 never onc3 contacted me offering me @ discount...it’s two weeks since I lost the service but still not heard anything from them

Same I'm VIP,,,get installation free but £12 for multiscreen subsriction

Ah, we've always had the normal multi-room with the old system which was £10-12 per month and I've noticed a £12 Sky Q mutiscreen so will likely be paying then, but as I say, it's literally not a penny more than we were paying 2 months or so ago. Still not sure which I prefer to be honest.

Ah, we've always had the normal multi-room with the old system which was £10-12 per month and I've noticed a £12 Sky Q mutiscreen so will likely be paying then, but as I say, it's literally not a penny more than we were paying 2 months or so ago. Still not sure which I prefer to be honest.
I just upgraded yours with paying the £12 already

We got it in recently, like many other for free due to loyalty, and I honestly think it is 50/50 in terms of benefits and drawbacks, many times I've felt like going back to the original, but haven't because of hassle, so if you have to pay extra for it then I definitely wouldn't bother personally.
Cheers, good honest review taken on board mate.

You can use more mate, they just "officially' don't support loads of boxes. It does work though.

I have both, full Sky Q package and various IPTV subs. You can compare the two, very easily.

With how easy it is now with IPTV and how good they make the interfaces (as they did with enigma2 boxes ages ago) you could get an almost like-for-like comparison. I say almost as of course there's always the possibility of a glitch, but that goes for both platforms.

For me where Sky Q shines these days, is of course UHD. It is absolutely stunning. It is also "easier" for most to find stuff to watch, voice controlled remote, nice and easy to control etc.

A lot of the channels on offer through a decent IPTV sub are as good as Sky for quality now, on the whole. They don't have UHD, so thats a minus, they don't have solid platforms (yet) so thats a minus, but it's getting better constantly.

If I wasn't on a deal, I wouldn't have it in however. The full non-discounted price is absolutely ridiculous.

Cheers, gonna sort it out today and get it

Clearly the WiFi connects the signal to the box. I’m assuming there are still cables to obtain power and to connect the box to the TV. In which case there’s not “no cables”, just one fewer cable.

Main box has all normal connections. Secondary boxes have power and hdmi then grab the signal through WiFi. Or wired Ethernet if you want to.

it wasnt about comparing the products from a content or spec perspective, one is legit and one is illegal.

Its a really good system. We have it and didnt regret getting it.

You cannot quibble with Sky's products IMHO. Spot on. What people dont like is paying the money that they charge for it.

We got rid of Sky for a few months and I instantly regretted it. True we got the alternative for next to nowt but it was illegal, the family couldnt work the system and the controls and I ditched it and went back to Sky.

the choice is mind boggling and ease of use gets 10 out of 10 from me.

This is exactly why I don't get rid of it. And I don't pay that much for it.

I think Q sounds like a great idea but I've talked with a lot of people who have it and have problems like the box running very slow and taking ages to respond, this has put me off so thought o would just give it a year or two until they have it sorted.

This is exactly why I don't get rid of it. And I don't pay that much for it.

I think Q sounds like a great idea but I've talked with a lot of people who have it and have problems like the box running very slow and taking ages to respond, this has put me off so thought o would just give it a year or two until they have it sorted.

They should return the boxes then mate or force a firmware update. It did have issues, but they are long gone tbh.

Back