Sky Glass

Sounds like sky getting to the market with something about 10 years too late! It’s the thickest framed telly I’ve seen for years.

I’d rather own my telly

It’s never yours
Of course it is.

You ever have a mortgage?
Nope. The ‘people who can’t get satellite tv’ or ‘want less wiring clutter’ markets. Also, it’s self setup so no need to wait for an engineer to visit & haul up a dish.

which 3rd party’s?
Basically a browser?
At least it is clear from this thread that @lurker would fail the credit check.

Last edited:
I’ve got sky q, two mini boxes and a couple of 55” TV’s a a small one in the bedroom. Don’t see this bringing anything to the party other that a fat telly with no pedigree or decent warranty. I’m out

Any idea how it’ll work with multi room? At the minute the Q mini boxes are running from the main box, sharing recordings and space. As the Glass doesn’t have a traditional hard drive then I’m guessing it can’t run from the TV but is a Q mini box good enough to stream?
The recording on glass is on the cloud. I'm guessing you'll need multiple glass devices.

Last edited:
Any idea how it’ll work with multi room? At the minute the Q mini boxes are running from the main box, sharing recordings and space. As the Glass doesn’t have a traditional hard drive then I’m guessing it can’t run from the TV but is a Q mini box good enough to stream?

You get “pucks“ which are essentially the same as your current Q mini boxes (but full features, unlike Q mini boxes..)

No recording as you know it you basically stream. So instead of recording, you add stuff to a playlist, then stream it when you want, hence don’;t need local storage.

You get “pucks“ which are essentially the same as your current Q mini boxes (but full features, unlike Q mini boxes..)

No recording as you know it you basically stream. So instead of recording, you add stuff to a playlist, then stream it when you want, hence don’;t need local storage.
That’s what I was thinking. Not sure I’m ready to step away from the interface of having a planner. I like how things are just there, ready to watch. I don’t find things like Netflix as easy to navigate. It’s easy to miss something you want to watch

That’s what I was thinking. Not sure I’m ready to step away from the interface of having a planner. I like how things are just there, ready to watch. I don’t find things like Netflix as easy to navigate. It’s easy to miss something you want to watch

Not hugely different to the current interface from what I briefly saw, seemed snappy enough as well. Your stuff will all be there ready to watch, just not technically recorded, just available to stream. Same sort of scenario tho, flag it (record it) watch it (stream it)
Has this got hdmi port or whatever the terminology is

It has aye.

Not hugely different to the current interface from what I briefly saw, seemed snappy enough as well. Your stuff will all be there ready to watch, just not technically recorded, just available to stream. Same sort of scenario tho, flag it (record it) watch it (stream it)

It has aye.
My hooky tv sorted then Dear Santa

As somebody who lives in a Virgin only area, this is a godsend. If nothing else, it allows you as a consumer to play one of against another. I won’t be doing that though, I will just be turfing Virgin and getting the 55 version of this.

One thing to know, and I suspect not, can you stream 3rd party on it?
I'm the opposite. Binned sky after twenty years as soon as the cable was put in. Cracking deal with them. Fully plan to go back to sky once my 18 months on Virgin is up.

I'm the opposite. Binned sky after twenty years as soon as the cable was put in. Cracking deal with them. Fully plan to go back to sky once my 18 months on Virgin is up.
I have a couple of V6 boxes, they are good but I can’t help thinking that the whole user experience is just a little dated. Sky, in my opinion, having used it previously and seen the latest iterations, is far more slick.

What happened when my sky broadband goes down? I get all my channels through my sky box ( including bbc and itv - no external aerial) at the minute and the broadband from sky isn't the most reliable!

What happened when my sky broadband goes down? I get all my channels through my sky box ( including bbc and itv - no external aerial) at the minute and the broadband from sky isn't the most reliable!
There’s an aerial socket on the tv. Otherwise, no telly for a bit.

Last edited:

Back