Sky Glass

As somebody who lives in a Virgin only area, this is a godsend. If nothing else, it allows you as a consumer to play one of against another. I won’t be doing that though, I will just be turfing Virgin and getting the 55 version of this.

One thing to know, and I suspect not, can you stream 3rd party on it?

Targeting the rented television market
Nope. The ‘people who can’t get satellite tv’ or ‘want less wiring clutter’ markets. Also, it’s self setup so no need to wait for an engineer to visit & haul up a dish.
As somebody who lives in a Virgin only area, this is a godsend. If nothing else, it allows you as a consumer to play one of against another. I won’t be doing that though, I will just be turfing Virgin and getting the 55 version of this.

One thing to know, and I suspect not, can you stream 3rd party on it?
which 3rd party’s?

Any idea how it’ll work with multi room? At the minute the Q mini boxes are running from the main box, sharing recordings and space. As the Glass doesn’t have a traditional hard drive then I’m guessing it can’t run from the TV but is a Q mini box good enough to stream?

Any idea how it’ll work with multi room? At the minute the Q mini boxes are running from the main box, sharing recordings and space. As the Glass doesn’t have a traditional hard drive then I’m guessing it can’t run from the TV but is a Q mini box good enough to stream?
When you buy the tv you get 1 individual puck ( bit like the a mini) additionals
With each tv you buy a ‘pick’ which is similar to mini box .

Exactly, and it’s a 4 year deal with a 2 year warranty so best hope nothing goes wrong with it.
You can pay up front for the tv though & just pay the Sky subscription each month. Plenty of TVs only come with 1yr guarantee too (some come with up to 5 admittedly)

Back