Sky Glass

Last edited:
I have a non-smart TV I've had for years and have stuck a chromecast in the back of it. Looks like this will do the same thing, only the menu will be on the screen at the other side of the room, rather than launch it from your tablet/phone while you are making a cup of tea.

My mam has Sky Q and accesses Netflix through that. It is a bit more cumbersome than what I'm used to with my two taps.

Not really for me but had a look online at it anyway. Doesn't say if you'll be able to record programmes. I get that you can stream most stuff later but that's relying on providers making stuff available. Also after 12 months they will charge you £5 for the ability to fast forward adds. That's a bit cheeky if you ask me!

Oh and to get the same package I've got with Sky q it would cost £54 per month (I currently pay £44) and that's without the cost of the TV (£17 a month for the smallest set over 4 years). Its a solid no from me 😀

Last edited:
It's basically a Smart TV with a mandatory Sky subscription built into it which you pay the total cost over 12 months rather than in 1 go like you would for a regular Smart TV.

It's a canny idea, and good for those who can't afford big expensive tele's, but the hidden charges and freedom to mess with the subscription prices is outright robbing the poor.

It's basically a Smart TV with a mandatory Sky subscription built into it which you pay the total cost over 12 months rather than in 1 go like you would for a regular Smart TV.

It's a canny idea, and good for those who can't afford big expensive tele's, but the hidden charges and freedom to mess with the subscription prices is outright robbing the poor.
Minimum period you can pay for the TV over is 24 months (unless you pay for it in one go). Although you can cancel your sky subscription after 31 days.

Minimum period you can pay for the TV over is 24 months (unless you pay for it in one go). Although you can cancel your sky subscription after 31 days.

Can't cancel Sky sub with it. The sub is basically the daft card chips they had in the old sky boxes.

The absolute minimum you're paying is £39 a month subject to any subscription price changes, then you still need to get the Sky Movies or Sky Sports package, or BT Sports package to actually watch stuff on it.

Then there's the extra daft fiver to fast forward shit. Alot of hidden charges in there as good as the idea is, you're getting minimal for the £39.

Back