Sky Glass

Can you get me an invite code early?! Want to get amongst it but only gold as never had it when I lived abroad at times…!

Hate waiting :lol:
“Sorry mate. If yer names not on the guest list, you ain’t coming in”. ;)

all honesty though, I’ve heard there are platinum customers complaining in the forums that others are ‘jumping the queue’, so it may be worth a shot anyway? I don’t know what the reg process is though. Can you only order if yr platinum?

“Sorry mate. If yer names not on the guest list, you ain’t coming in”. ;)

all honesty though, I’ve heard there are platinum customers complaining in the forums that others are ‘jumping the queue’, so it may be worth a shot anyway? I don’t know what the reg process is though. Can you only order if yr platinum?

Yeah it doesn't seem to want play. Not sure how it checks, but there's gold and below level customers who can sail through the online ordering, but then there's gold, platinum etc where it basically says NAH you aint coming in..technical error...see ya!

As it stands all platinum/diamond customers should've got an email with a code to phone or use online, but seems it aint quite working as you say, as lots aren't even getting this, yet others can walk into a store and order (maybe the store reps are bypassing something?!). I may just pop to the Metrocentre later.

May have dodged a bullet here. What’s going on with the playlist function. Just adding shortcuts to the various apps to play content when the available?!

So pointing you to itv hub, 4od, iPlayer etc. That’s bad. Is it temporary? @MunkyHeed

Notice the references to 1000hrs of cloud storage have also vanished. So people wanting to record local news (for example) can’t do so, as it’s not available on any of the catch-up services that glass links to?

Surely this is just a glitch as there’s delays with the proper rollout? If not, it’s just sky go boxed up in a telly?

May have dodged a bullet here. What’s going on with the playlist function. Just adding shortcuts to the various apps to play content when the available?!

So pointing you to itv hub, 4od, iPlayer etc. That’s bad. Is it temporary? @MunkyHeed

Notice the references to 1000hrs of cloud storage have also vanished. So people wanting to record local news (for example) can’t do so, as it’s not available on any of the catch-up services that glass links to?

Surely this is just a glitch as there’s delays with the proper rollout? If not, it’s just sky go boxed up in a telly?
Nope. Not a glitch or temporary.
I agree… it’s annoying having to sign in to the apps to get non-Sky content. It’s ‘ok’ as a one-off if you’re technically minded or have All4 etc logins already, but for those who just want to watch a bit Bake Off, it’s not great.

Nope. Not a glitch or temporary.
I agree… it’s annoying having to sign in to the apps to get non-Sky content. It’s ‘ok’ as a one-off if you’re technically minded or have All4 etc logins already, but for those who just want to watch a bit Bake Off, it’s not great.

Nightmare. Wouldn’t be conceded if the streaming services were decent but most are cack quality. Just got my invite through as well! Glad it took a while now. Gutted.

Until the streaming services up their game anyway!

The SKY puck is a good idea, albeit re-inviting the wheel.
Genuinely baffled why anyone would buy a second rate TV at a premium price locked to SKY though.
I can only think it is the type of people who buy a Tesco branded TV then give it 10 out of 10 for picture quality.
Nightmare. Wouldn’t be conceded if the streaming services were decent but most are cack quality. Just got my invite through as well! Glad it took a while now. Gutted.

Until the streaming services up their game anyway!
It's just like any other smart TV or IPTV box, they can provide the App, but you need to log into all of your accounts yourself.
You only have to do it once though.

Last edited:
The SKY puck is a good idea, albeit re-inviting the wheel.
Genuinely baffled why anyone would buy a second rate TV at a premium price locked to SKY though.
I can only think it is the type of people who buy a Tesco branded TV then give it 10 out of 10 for picture quality.

It's just like any other smart TV or IPTV box, they can provide the App, but you need to log into all of your accounts yourself.
You only have to do it once though.

it is…but that’s now how they advertised it, it’s also a step backwards from a current sky setup. With sky atm you can record stuff and watch it at full quality. They made it sound like this was the same BUT it recorded to the cloud. That’s fine…but it mostly doesn’t, then it opens the substandard catch-up apps and you are at the mercy of those.

I purposely don’t use those apps as the quality is garbage compared to a recorded programme on sky.

So for sky to launch this ‘premium’ product and then just tap into crappy catch-up apps ruins it. Checking the sky forums and elsewhere, there’ll be lots of second hand tellies making their way back. (Crap tellies, I agree, marketing has worked as people think they’re good!)

Then the added insult is that there seems to be no easy way to return back to any discounted skyQ package you may have previously had!

Just read the legal stuff right at the bottom and you can buy the TV instead of the monthly loan.

Small = £649 (43")
Medium = £849 (55")
Large =£1049 = (65")

it is…but that’s now how they advertised it, it’s also a step backwards from a current sky setup. With sky atm you can record stuff and watch it at full quality. They made it sound like this was the same BUT it recorded to the cloud. That’s fine…but it mostly doesn’t, then it opens the substandard catch-up apps and you are at the mercy of those.

I purposely don’t use those apps as the quality is garbage compared to a recorded programme on sky.

So for sky to launch this ‘premium’ product and then just tap into crappy catch-up apps ruins it. Checking the sky forums and elsewhere, there’ll be lots of second hand tellies making their way back. (Crap tellies, I agree, marketing has worked as people think they’re good!)

Then the added insult is that there seems to be no easy way to return back to any discounted skyQ package you may have previously had!
It's not just that. Sometimes stuff isn't on straight away on the apps. For example I record MOTD and start watching it about an hour in so I can fast forward the talking. Won't be able to do that with this as its not on the iplayer straight away. Also what happens if the channel you want to save stuff from doesn't have its own catch up app? Quest for example is on Discovery +. Does that mean you'd need to pay for that as well to save the football? What a load of shite.

It's not just that. Sometimes stuff isn't on straight away on the apps. For example I record MOTD and start watching it about an hour in so I can fast forward the talking. Won't be able to do that with this as its not on the iplayer straight away. Also what happens if the channel you want to save stuff from doesn't have its own catch up app? Quest for example is on Discovery +. Does that mean you'd need to pay for that as well to save the football? What a load of shite.

Yep, going the catch-up app route is just a shoddy short cut!

The early reviews had issues with linking to apps you didn’t subscribe to. I think they may have sorted that quickly; one of the reviews on YouTube seems to have had a software update so it does record things which don’t have a catch-up app. But not all!

Was hoping it was a glitch or just didn’t make it to the initial release, so this was a stop gap, sounds like that isn’t the case tho. Baffling how they thought this was ok?!

It works just like some freebies boxed. Catch up is just a link to the various on demand programs.
I am sure you view worked like this and was gash for reasons already quoted

Back