Sky BT and other ISPs trying to ban Kodi and now streaming sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reading that article it appears that whilst they dont actually know the origin and content of the streams, they are using peaks in activity as the way of identifying them. I wonder how many legitimate servers with high demand will get picked up
what then stops the streamers from generating 'false positives' to mask their streaming of matches?

To be fair if sky don't somehow stop kodi and steaming sites they are fucked in the long term as kids are clued up and won't pay subscription services once they're adults , almost everyone has kodi
I remember the heads of emi, geffen and all the music biz types asking microsoft how to stop music piracy.

All these people who say if they charged half the price then they would pay.

no they wouldn't ... people expect to get the world for nowt these days...

I wouldn't if all they did was half the price. If, however, they made it more affordable and allowed me to watch any game I wanted (rather then the tiny selection currently) then I'd definitely pay them for it. As good as some of the "dodgy" websites are I'd feel more comfortable with a legitimate stream and would happily pay a fair price for it. Some would continue to watch illegally but a hell of a lot would start paying the broadcasters.

I wouldn't if all they did was half the price. If, however, they made it more affordable and allowed me to watch any game I wanted (rather then the tiny selection currently) then I'd definitely pay them for it. As good as some of the "dodgy" websites are I'd feel more comfortable with a legitimate stream and would happily pay a fair price for it. Some would continue to watch illegally but a hell of a lot would start paying the broadcasters.

the broadcasters are not allowed to do this.... I'm certain they would happily broadcast all games if they were allowed

I use Kodi and am with Sky, as of today it is still working. I wonder if they have a timeframe for blocking it.

They could stop the streams of 3pm games tomorrow, if they didn't sell rights to foreign broadcasters. Of course this would cut into the Premier Leagues profits, so is not likely to happen (thank god).

the broadcasters are not allowed to do this.... I'm certain they would happily broadcast all games if they were allowed

and therein lies the problem......for me its got nothing to do with getting something for nowt ( i actually pay for HD streaming )....its to do with freedom of choice to watch games at bloody 3pm on a Saturday.

surely in this day an age we could arrive at a situation where clubs could broadcast their away matches in conjunction with sky

So they are still relying on peaks of activity from unidentifiable servers as their main weapon. Lets hope they dont pick on the likes of NBC, BEIN, Eleven and all the other ones who have paid for foreign broadcasting rights

Just checked, and in America NBCSN, which I usually use via kodi to watch the saturday 3pm games, charge $19.99 per month.

For that you get a choice of any 3pm game plus loads of other live sport.

Confirms just how much sky are ripping us off.

Just checked, and in America NBCSN, which I usually use via kodi to watch the saturday 3pm games, charge $19.99 per month.

For that you get a choice of any 3pm game plus loads of other live sport.

Confirms just how much sky are ripping us off.

I thought it was free/included in basic sub? Is the $19.99 per month a new thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back