1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky BT and other ISPs trying to ban Kodi and now streaming sites

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Bagpuss, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Striker

Why on earth do they bother? Surely they have realised that before the court ruling has even been made people will have already got round it...Loads of people already log on to US netflix etc via a VPN, how will they block these?

2. hullmackem

hullmackem Striker

It's just pandering to the big corporations, they know nowt will happen.

3. Botchie

Botchie Winger

Just stick a metal coat hanger in the back of the router, it scrambles the signal.

Slippery Jim and Geronimo like this.
  4. Geronimo

Geronimo Striker

They can't.

The people who they are trying to stop are light years ahead. They will already have the next moves planned to thwart whatever attempts are made.

hank williams likes this.
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

Because they bow down to pressure from the fuck nuts who hold the course strings.

They wont ever stop it.

6. pavarotti1980

pavarotti1980 Central Defender

They will always be playing catch up

7. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

Indeed.

8. Fletch

Fletch Striker

To be fair if sky don't somehow stop kodi and steaming sites they are fucked in the long term as kids are clued up and won't pay subscription services once they're adults , almost everyone has kodi

Geronimo and hank williams like this.
  9. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

Then they should offer people what they want and stop charing silly amounts for a limited service.

Dappa, viccarlton, Geronimo and 3 others like this.
  10. SteveB

SteveB Striker

If the perceived market rate is 100 squid and Sky etc are selling for 500 then its their choice

11. Fletch

Fletch Striker

agree mate , need to half their prices to survive IMO

12. PTR

PTR Striker

THIS.

I don't get how these articles keep saying "if you want to watch the football, buy a legal sub". ERM, NO. You don't show the games that I want to watch. Its not even a matter a price, its that it isn't even available.

13. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

Exactly! They miss the point completely, as always!

14. PTR

PTR Striker

Although lets not pretend its by accident ;)

15. Fred Secrets

Fred Secrets Winger

My Mrs told me last night that Sky are putting their prices up, again. I don't have Sky so couldn't be arsed to check.

Epping likes this.
  16. Sleepy

Sleepy Striker

Ha, of course not! They aim to mislead..

They are. They do every year, they all do.

17. sima-hebburn

sima-hebburn Winger

18. pavarotti1980

pavarotti1980 Central Defender

Reading that article it appears that whilst they dont actually know the origin and content of the streams, they are using peaks in activity as the way of identifying them. I wonder how many legitimate servers with high demand will get picked up

SAFC2403 likes this.
  19. weebil64

weebil64 Winger

So when no-one pays the service stops?

007Iron and Epping like this.
  20. sima-hebburn

sima-hebburn Winger

happened with websites when they started blocking them.

found this gem / windup

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Bypass-blocked-websites/td-p/3279352

Due to my favourite website, 123movies.to, being blocked.

I was wondering if there is a way to make some sort of agreement or something to bypass that block by paying to Virgin Media so that they personally unblock that website for me.

However, if that's not allowed, is there any websites like 123movies.to which are not blocked and which I can legally go on to and watch my favourite movies for free?