Sky BT and other ISPs trying to ban Kodi and now streaming sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

the broadcasters are not allowed to do this.... I'm certain they would happily broadcast all games if they were allowed

I'm aware of that. That's the whole point, they keep saying "you shouldn't stream, get a legal subscription instead" whilst avoiding the issue that the matches people want to watch are generally not available legally. So, with your point about whether people would opt for legal viewing if it was half the price, I agree, they wouldn't but the main reason for this is because it still doesn't address the issue that we get a very small selection of matches available.

If they can provide the service people expect, and which is available elsewhere throughout the world, then they will see more subscribers. Therefore, instead of whinging about people streaming, the broadcasters should be using their not insignificant influence to try and change the status quo so that they can show all the games.

Just checked, and in America NBCSN, which I usually use via kodi to watch the saturday 3pm games, charge $19.99 per month.

For that you get a choice of any 3pm game plus loads of other live sport.

Confirms just how much sky are ripping us off.

Hardly anyone here will pay that when the dodgy sites are offering the same service at a fraction of the price.

Why on earth do they bother? Surely they have realised that before the court ruling has even been made people will have already got round it...Loads of people already log on to US netflix etc via a VPN, how will they block these?
Didn't they block these about a year a go?

Smart DNS only iirc, impossible to stop VPN really.

It was also VPN mate. They went the whole hog. So a lot of the popular VPN services had to add new hosts and make a lot of changes.

I gave up for a few months early last year/end of year before as gradually everything stopped working.

It was also VPN mate. They went the whole hog. So a lot of the popular VPN services had to add new hosts and make a lot of changes.

I gave up for a few months early last year/end of year before as gradually everything stopped working.

I guess if it was done server side then they'd have had visibility of the VPN. No chance of that with this.

Hardly anyone here will pay that when the dodgy sites are offering the same service at a fraction of the price.
They would imo. Nothing worse than messing about for a half decent stream....loads of people don't use kodi...people on here think everyone does.

They would imo. Nothing worse than messing about for a half decent stream....loads of people don't use kodi...people on here think everyone does.
Not on the paid subs. No fannying about, just one click and bosh

All these people who say if they charged half the price then they would pay.

no they wouldn't ... people expect to get the world for nowt these days...

I pay £20 extra a month for broadband so I can stream
I pay £50 a year for a streaming service so I can watch
I pay £50 for a device

If it was say, £10 a month, I'd just pay it. But it isn't. Its £80. And that's for about 8 SAFC games per year. So its 8 times more than I'd be happy to pay for a quarter of what I want.

There are two elements to this.

One is price. People who stream games that are shown on sky, bt etc are doing so as they do not want to pay for that service. In my opinion that is wrong, but each to their own.

The second element is access to games that are not broadcast on UK TV, such as our away games. This, I fully understand as people do not even have the option to pay for it if they wish to do. However, there are larger factors to take into consideration such as the impact on attendances that open streaming may cause.

It's still massively common, and with the younger generation growing up with it as the norm it's only going to expand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back