SKP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have liked us to sign that Shankland, see he got another hat-trick yesterday. He looks a proper goalscorer, at least at Scottish level.

Posters above have already nominated my 3 favourite SKP goals:

1st Barnsley away to clinch the Championship
2nd QPR away first game back after 4 months out.
3rd Swindon away - spectacular control on the chest and hook over the shoulder last game of play-off season.

All even better than the Chelsea home goal for me.

Posters above have already nominated my 3 favourite SKP goals:

1st Barnsley away to clinch the Championship
2nd QPR away first game back after 4 months out.
3rd Swindon away - spectacular control on the chest and hook over the shoulder last game of play-off season.

All even better than the Chelsea home goal for me.

Number 3 for me, made it look so easy

I feel privileged to have seen him in his pomp. Legend is used too many times for past players, but he was one.
Skp that goal against Chelsea was one of best goals seen

The screams in the background when that went in are unbelievable. That whole day was something that will long live in the memory.

Last edited:
He was fantastic while Quinn was alongside him and he was still motivated to play for us. His final season with us after Quinn retired and he'd decided he wanted away to improve his chances of playing for England he was pretty poor for the most part.

I haven't seen anything in his personality in interviews that would translate into him being a good manager, but perhaps under a good manager he could make a good strikers' coach.
He never got a chance with England really, Vassell shinned a sitter in with SKP waiting behind him to mop up if he fked up and that was that. Vassell got a run and SuperKev written off.
Although not convinced that Shearer might not have had a hand in that, what with SKP playing for us...

He never got a chance with England really, Vassell shinned a sitter in with SKP waiting behind him to mop up if he fked up and that was that. Vassell got a run and SuperKev written off.
Although not convinced that Shearer might not have had a hand in that, what with SKP playing for us...

Yeah, iirc there was talk at the time that Shearer had in some way influenced the powers that be to keep SKP out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back