SKP

Left foot - right foot - yet so many with his head, because he could jump and he knew where to be when the crosses came in:

Can't really heap full praise on SKP without mentioning his biggest asset, Sir Niall Quinn

They were indeed a great partnership, but SKP did just as well at WBA without him.

Last edited:

They were indeed a great partnership, but SKP did just as well at WBA without him.

People will say that was at a lower level though. He was on fire at Southampton once he settled in though in the top league.

Both were better players together than without each other mostly. Quinn was doing nothing on arrival here and hadn't had a good spell of form for a few years, going back pre-injuries and his partnership with David White. together they were better than the sum of each part.

He was a great finisher and only needed half a chance

He wasn't just a poacher, he scored some belters from outside the box, too.
Chelsea, Watford and Everton at home, as well as Barnsley, Swindon and Liverpool away, were great goals from outside the box, that I can remember.

Yep, the best player I've ever seen for us.

3 other great goals by SKP not mentioned above:

1. His lob over Sasa Ilic to put us 2-1 up in the play off final against Charlton, which was his 35th goal that season. Really thought we were going to win at that point.

2. His goal against West Ham , last home game of the season 1999/2000 that was his 30th of the season. The SOL had a collective orgasm as one when that went in.

3. His first of 2 goals away to Sheffield Wednesday , a shot from just outside the area after 80 minutes. Great day out.

Best goal scorer I have ever seen. Wish we could find one like him now. My fav goal was the one at Swindon away, f***ing brilliant.
However, was he just a natural goalscorer or was it down to hard work. Can he transfer his skills into coaching?
I honestly believe that the modern game has changed so much for the worst, due to greedy agents that we could not hang on to players such as him any longer. He'd probably be languishing in one of the top fours reserves!

Best goal scorer I have ever seen. Wish we could find one like him now. My fav goal was the one at Swindon away, f***ing brilliant.
However, was he just a natural goalscorer or was it down to hard work. Can he transfer his skills into coaching?

Always remember his thunder bolt v Chelsea

His over head kick v QPR was something special too mind

Same here , that goal at Swindon my fav' he seemed to swivel 90d in mid air.

Back