Skinheads

Got my Crombie made to measure from Jacksons the tailors in Sunderland. Very nice piece of kit. Cheap then , god knows how much a made to measure coat would cost now ?

Skinheads weren't seen as racial harmony pioneers in early 1970s Sunderland.

It'll been a reflection of the culture across the country though. Some skins were racist, others weren't.

Ayyye, not exactly anti-Fash. :lol::lol:

Not exactly, no. :lol:

Sound lad him, daft as brush mind, and loves the odd tattoo :lol:

Daft thing is he likes a bit of ska.

Cognitive dissonance doesn't even begin to cover it.

real early skinheads wore Fred Perry , ben Sherman Brutus shirts, stapress and brogues or loafers just like Mods, then went into Boots and jeans later in the 70's

You've got it back to front mate. Skinheads started off with the basic boots, braces and grandad vests etc in the late 60s. A couple of years later the suedehead look started coming in with slightly longer hair, crombies, patch pocket blazers, Ben Sherman's, sta prest, loafers, riding boots, brogues all that lot. It all faded away till the bonehead type skins came in in the late 70s - the ones in flying jackets with braces hanging.

Is this like the nazi symbol being hijacked by fanatics, or is the op spouting shite or a bit of both?

A bit of both.

Skins were never an inherent white supremacist movement. If it wasn't for the West Indian influence of the mid to late 60s Skinheads wouldn't even exist. That is indisputable; despite what the likes of Ian Stuart Donaldson ever said.

These days it's a complete clusterfuck. Everyone has their own idea about what being a skinhead means.

It's had a canny resurgence in the last few years. I've been a skinhead for over ten years and only in the last few years have I seen younger lads and lasses knocking about. It's great to see.

A bit of both.

Skins were never an inherent white supremacist movement. If it wasn't for the West Indian influence of the mid to late 60s Skinheads wouldn't even exist. That is indisputable; despite what the likes of Ian Stuart Donaldson ever said.

These days it's a complete clusterfuck. Everyone has their own idea about what being a skinhead means.

It's had a canny resurgence in the last few years. I've been a skinhead for over ten years and only in the last few years have I seen younger lads and lasses knocking about. It's great to see.

I've got a skin head mate; maybe out of no choice because of receding hair growth (or lack of it).. he's a top bloke, a bit racist with racist tatoos, but he's still golden, but not into punk or ska...

The proper skins were and are an anti-Fascist movement. No idea why the look was adopted by the far-Right like.
I'm not sure it was adopted by the far right. I think that gives them a bit of credit. As far as i was concerned, it was a new look, so was popular. With the added attraction of making yourself look hard. Racist, possibly, political ? i doubt it they gave politics a thought.

Crazy that people still dress like this in 2017 like.

Especially people who weren't born during the first iteration of the movement. Raging dog nonces, the lot of them.

Back