Skin Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've decided to part ways with a troublesome skin tag.

Was about ready to make a GP appointment but, after Googling them it seems most people can just do it themselves, even according to the NHS who say:
  • tying off the base of the skin tag with dental floss or cotton to cut off its blood supply and make it drop off (ligation)
  • cutting it off with fine sterile scissors
Dinnar if anyone else has done it (?????) but that sounds medieval as fuck.

Also seems to be loads of products on Amazon and the like which seem a bit more humane?
Had several a few years ago.

Tricky as owt to tie something round them so I just twisted them, which cut off the blood supply - after a few days they withered and were easy just to pull off.

I used to get the Mrs to tie cotton round them (as it's impossible to do it on your own :D)
however we have split up, and I'm single now. but I'll be buggered in hell if I am getting a woman back jusr cause she can tie some cotton around a skin tag !
life's too good without one ! :lol: (woman, not.... skin tag btw ;))

Reactions: PTR
I had one on my neck and one on my eyelid, I used a tag band thingy of amazon which is tiny elastic bands, both came off with it.

Was at the doctors today and mentioned I had one that was annoying on my neck that was tender. The doctor quick as a flash got a scalpel out and cut the blighter off there and then. Bit radical but has done the job a treat, plenty blood mind.

Reactions: PTR
Reckon you could use silver nitrate sticks on them?
I’m dying to have a pop at a couple of mine, but could never bring myself to snip it.

Was about ready to make a GP appointment but, after Googling them it seems most people can just do it themselves, even according to the NHS who say:
  • tying off the base of the skin tag with dental floss or cotton to cut off its blood supply and make it drop off (ligation)

Also seems to be loads of products on Amazon and the like which seem a bit more humane?
If you are talking about moles... They bleed like fuck. I advise going to the doctors.

I had one in my armpit for years. I noticed it started to look weird one day so I pulled at it and it came off. But it looked like a milk tooth, white outside and red inside and completely surrounded a tiny little tag underneath and seemed to have like a blood vessel in it. It didn’t so much as pull off but rather it “slid” off. Freaked me out was minging but it caused no trouble.

Dr took about 14 off a few years ago, armpits, neck, back, eyelid and one next to my bollocks so I was glad he had a steady hand:lol:

Jesus Christ man grow a pair of frigging testicles and just tie them off with thread.

I had one years ago on my waist right on where the waistband on my jeans was and it could get sore, used some Bazuka gel that you get for warts and stuff, works a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back