Skin Tags

I've decided to part ways with a troublesome skin tag.

Was about ready to make a GP appointment but, after Googling them it seems most people can just do it themselves, even according to the NHS who say:
  • tying off the base of the skin tag with dental floss or cotton to cut off its blood supply and make it drop off (ligation)
  • cutting it off with fine sterile scissors
Dinnar if anyone else has done it (?????) but that sounds medieval as fuck.

Also seems to be loads of products on Amazon and the like which seem a bit more humane?

I got told not to do it myself incase infection set in.
Just saw the practice nurse at doctors, she just froze it with liquid nitrogen, took 2 mins and it drops off after 3 or 4 days.
It slightly stings but nowt major, I'm soft as shite and even I didn't cry.

If the tags are of a reasonable size, there is a removal tool called tagband.
It basically is a system to place a very small elastic band around the base of the tag to starve it of blood. It falls off after 4 or 5 days.
if a tag is small, cryotag has been recommended. pull the tag with supplied tweezers and place the solution on the base of the tag.
Ive just bought that but have yet to try it.
be wary of cutting a tag off, especially if large because of infection or may even need stitching

I would not use any of the above methods if the tag is in a sensitive place, such as near the eyes or pubic area. Would seek assistance of doctors surgery

tagband.co.uk

There’s a little applicator that wraps a tiny elastic band round the tag.

Really easy to apply and they will come off within a week. Think amazon stock them.

Was about ready to make a GP appointment but, after Googling them it seems most people can just do it themselves, even according to the NHS who say:
  • tying off the base of the skin tag with dental floss or cotton to cut off its blood supply and make it drop off (ligation)

Also seems to be loads of products on Amazon and the like which seem a bit more humane?
@Cowvahlo shoots his off.

Did you do anything to it mate?

I tied some dental floss dead tight round mine last night, woke up today and it's literally tripled in size and is now rock hard.. Most likely full of blood :neutral:

Don't know whether to leave it or untie the dental floss :lol:

I think I've got 3 tiny ones now, one on my armpit, one on my f***ing left bollock, and another that I can't remember right now.

Can I really just sanitise some nail clippers, and get the wife (no) to snip them off?
You can, I just use some old grimy nail clippers

Did you do anything to it mate?

I tied some dental floss dead tight round mine last night, woke up today and it's literally tripled in size and is now rock hard.. Most likely full of blood :neutral:

Don't know whether to leave it or untie the dental floss :lol:

Not yet, I'm definitely getting the freezy shit if that happens though :lol:

Back