Sir Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing a lot of Bobby Robson posts on social media from the various mags I know. They do well to remember him.

They would also do well to remember when Robson took over from Gullit (who had nearly relegated them), they reached the FA and Uefa Cup semi-finals, third place in the Premiership and the second phase of the Champions League.

Yet under pressure from fans - who had 'lost confidence in Robson' - Newcastle, who had already refused to extend his contract, sacked him in August after only two defeats and two draws. They'd finished fifth the season before.

Strangely, not many of them seem to remember that bit.

To play devils advocate here, would you be happy if we derailed a season and accepted shit results just because the manager happened to be a 'legend' I think they were right to sack him. Obviously they are mags so the disrespectful comments and outright twatishness was wrong, but actually getting rid of him was correct. Legend means nothing in the future, it's entirely a creation of he past.

Seeing a lot of Bobby Robson posts on social media from the various mags I know. They do well to remember him.

They would also do well to remember when Robson took over from Gullit (who had nearly relegated them), they reached the FA and Uefa Cup semi-finals, third place in the Premiership and the second phase of the Champions League.

Yet under pressure from fans - who had 'lost confidence in Robson' - Newcastle, who had already refused to extend his contract, sacked him in August after only two defeats and two draws. They'd finished fifth the season before.

Strangely, not many of them seem to remember that bit.

When did Gullit nearly relegate them like and wasn't it him who got them to an FA Cup final or was that someone else?

To play devils advocate here, would you be happy if we derailed a season and accepted shit results just because the manager happened to be a 'legend' I think they were right to sack him. Obviously they are mags so the disrespectful comments and outright twatishness was wrong, but actually getting rid of him was correct. Legend means nothing in the future, it's entirely a creation of he past.
It was still August when he was sacked! Hardly derailed a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back