Sir Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing a lot of Bobby Robson posts on social media from the various mags I know. They do well to remember him.

They would also do well to remember when Robson took over from Gullit (who had nearly relegated them), they reached the FA and Uefa Cup semi-finals, third place in the Premiership and the second phase of the Champions League.

Yet under pressure from fans - who had 'lost confidence in Robson' - Newcastle, who had already refused to extend his contract, sacked him in August after only two defeats and two draws. They'd finished fifth the season before.

Strangely, not many of them seem to remember that bit.

Bobby Robson. Never bothered me when alive, or after his passing. The beatification is a thing to behold.

A few on here buy into it too. The only connection he had with our club was the freebies he received.

I don't disrespect him before the outraged pounce, I just don't give a flying one.

Seeing a lot of Bobby Robson posts on social media from the various mags I know. They do well to remember him.

They would also do well to remember when Robson took over from Gullit (who had nearly relegated them), they reached the FA and Uefa Cup semi-finals, third place in the Premiership and the second phase of the Champions League.

Yet under pressure from fans - who had 'lost confidence in Robson' - Newcastle, who had already refused to extend his contract, sacked him in August after only two defeats and two draws. They'd finished fifth the season before.

Strangely, not many of them seem to remember that bit.
Don't see what your point is. It felt like he had taken the team as far as he could, we had hopes of improving further. What's the issue here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back