Sir Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I dont have some of the uber faux hatred for the mags as many do, however the sheer hypocrisy and mass memory loss the mag fans have about robson is breathtakingly bewildering.
Shepherd and hall unceremoniously engineered the exit and then brings it forward.
They totally humiliated a great football person ( regardless of who you support) and he retained his dignity all the while.
Ashley has his detractors but at least he is upfront in terms of his unlikeability.
Shepherd and Hall systematically pillaged and plundered that club and left behind a god almighty financial mess and all the time pretending they stood as one with the fans.

Not forgetting that whenever there is negative press about Ashley, odious Shephard is always is the press to slag him off like a spokesman for the fans.

When was he spat on mate & how many fans spat on him?
Spat at him because he dropped Kevin Keegan from his first England squad. Your fanzine The Mag even tried to defend you lot because you were disgusted that a Geordie could drop King Kev.

You did hound him out. Booing him and chanting for him to go. I think it was after a home game with Sheff Wed. Shearer even stuck the knife in too. He dropped him for Kluvert. You wanted him out after that.

You lot are f***ing hilarious. 8:12 am and we have the first what's bothering me about the mags today post. The restless mind of a simpleton.

I live in the Middle East - I'm three hours ahead of you. Sunday is also the start of my working week - so I was sat at my desk, enjoying a mid-morning cup of tea. Today is the anniversary of his death, hence, as I said, a few mags I know had been posting about him. Sorry to pop your little bubble there.

Seeing a lot of Bobby Robson posts on social media from the various mags I know. They do well to remember him.

They would also do well to remember when Robson took over from Gullit (who had nearly relegated them), they reached the FA and Uefa Cup semi-finals, third place in the Premiership and the second phase of the Champions League.

Yet under pressure from fans - who had 'lost confidence in Robson' - Newcastle, who had already refused to extend his contract, sacked him in August after only two defeats and two draws. They'd finished fifth the season before.

Strangely, not many of them seem to remember that bit.
I thought it was unbelieveable that he was sacked then, a real head scratcher at the time,

I appreciate he was a legend and all that I just as usual struggle to swallow the shit dressed as cavier that that mags spout about everything never mind sir bobby, he was loved, you booed him fair enough that's football.

I hate the way they mourn him like he was the second coming.

The statue is quite farcical and says a lot about them as a club.

Yes, a great and dignified man who have them some good years challenging near the top of the table, a year of champions league, largely good football etc but absolutely no measurable success in the form of actual trophies. Would be tragic if not absolutely hilarious :lol:

Spat at him because he dropped Kevin Keegan from his first England squad. Your fanzine The Mag even tried to defend you lot because you were disgusted that a Geordie could drop King Kev.

You did hound him out. Booing him and chanting for him to go. I think it was after a home game with Sheff Wed. Shearer even stuck the knife in too. He dropped him for Kluvert. You wanted him out after that.
Didn't chant against him, booed the players not Robson, Gullit dropped shearer. One fan spat on him, we can't all be judged on the actions of one idiot.

Didn't chant against him, booed the players not Robson, Gullit dropped shearer. One fan spat on him, we can't all be judged on the actions of one idiot.

There was a strong movement against him - and you were happy for him to go.

Let's face it, you fuckers are painting bedsheets and carrying coffins if the canteen runs out of Bovril, so there was no way that he was sacked against your wishes.

He wasn't good enough for you - which is ironic, as you've never troubled the heights that he brought since - and you wanted him gone. And that's all well and good - but to then revere him as some kind of worshipped god is a bit of joke - because clearly he wasn't that.

There was a strong movement against him - and you were happy for him to go.

Let's face it, you fuckers are painting bedsheets and carrying coffins if the canteen runs out of Bovril, so there was no way that he was sacked against your wishes.

He wasn't good enough for you - which is ironic, as you've never troubled the heights that he brought since - and you wanted him gone. And that's all well and good - but to then revere him as some kind of worshipped god is a bit of joke - because clearly he wasn't that.
It was time for him to move on, I only disagree that we hounded him out. Had we chosen a better replacement, well who knows what could have been. We wanted him as manager for years & were ecstatic to have him. He was & is a legend & a gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back