Simon Jordan talks sense

It’s not his idea. It’s been the PLs plan for 20yrs or so. That’s why some of the richest people on the planet are getting involved. The oil will eventually run out but the football never wil.....

It’s not the new PL fellers idea either.
Alright keep your hair on :lol:

Didn't Palace nearly go under on his watch? I'm guessing it's more a case of him talking a good game than "knowing his stuff" as is often claimed.
Got stitched up hugely by Parish, which is why he refuses to go now.

Parish saw an opportunity to get CPFC on the cheap and stroke his enormous ego, and decide to absolutely ruin SJ to make it happen.

I f***ing love Simon Jordan so much. Wish he was still our owner.
We
Yes mate, early on gives an insight into his business acumen and how he made his money (which can be a bit "showy") ....then it's onto the football, gives a great insight into the mechanics of running a football club.
Best one was after we beat WHU in the playoff final, he tried to get on the pitch at Cardiff. Steward told him "sorry mate, Football League rules - you're not allowed", to which SJ just turned round said "it's alright mate, I'm a Premier League chairman now" and just strolled on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Didn't Palace nearly go under on his watch? I'm guessing it's more a case of him talking a good game than "knowing his stuff" as is often claimed.

It's one thing knowing your stuff and it's quite another doing it and making the right choices under pressure. It also seems he got into a bit of debt chasing the dream and then got stitched up, don't think he's claimed to be anything other than a salesman who made a fortune either.

Obviously he also has the benefit of hindsight with some stuff and by his own admission he said something like a fool and his money is easily parted when commenting on some of his dealings. As much as he divides opinion he's more interesting and thought provoking than some of the regurgitated shite and nonsense many of the really successful players, managers and many pundits come out with.

Hes got agents sussed.

He does indeed. Admire his point of view on them when he himself has all the connections he needs to become one himself and refuses on the basis of his standing on them.

However he rates Moyes and thinks he's a top manager. For this reason alone he loses most of his brownie points.

He does indeed. Admire his point of view on them when he himself has all the connections he needs to become one himself and refuses on the basis of his standing on them.

However he rates Moyes and thinks he's a top manager. For this reason alone he loses most of his brownie points.

Lets himself down with comments like that and blamed Ellis Short for his incompetence although I rate Short and Moyes on the same hate level

Never used to like Simon Jordan but as others have said the man talks sense.

Back