Should Dodds and Proctor

You can tell by the matches there in charge of lost 6 on the bounce
It tells us that Dodds is not a good head coach. (It's not just the results, it's the chopping and changing, not all because of injuries.)

He's been promoted to do a job a level above his competence. (The Peter Principle). It doesn't necessarily mean he's no good as a coach working under the head coach's direction. We don't know for sure - but our performances under TM would suggest he isn't inept. Being a head coach and being a coach and very different things.

Good teachers don't necessarily make good head teachers. Though they often try it, given a chance ... career progression and salary. Failing doesn't mean they can't teach - it's a different skill set.

We had a situation before with Ricky Sbragia: good coach, but a manager? Definitely not.

New head coach does deserve his own team though.

Last edited:
We don't. Plenty good coaches would make crap head coaches/managers. Especially given the players they've had to pick from.
Which is your view. I don’t understand the subtlety and the nuance but I can see that we aren’t organised which is a key part of what coaching at this level is about

Which is your view. I don’t understand the subtlety and the nuance but I can see that we aren’t organised which is a key part of what coaching at this level is about

Let's go with your logic. That means they were good coaches when Alex Neil was here as we were very organised, good coaches when Mowbray was here when we played good football and the players were improving and were good coaches when they took charge for three games and they beat Leeds and West Brom looking very organised.

A good coach isn't a bad coach because the manager and the players are bad, a bad coach isn't a good coach because the manager and the players are good. You have no idea if they are any good because you have no idea what their actual job is. Same as anyone else on here.

Last edited:
Let's go with your logic. That means they were good coaches when Alex Neil was here as we were very organised, good coaches when Mowbray was here when we played good football and the players were improving and were good coaches when they took charge for three games and they beat Leeds and West Brom looking very organised.

A good coach isn't a bad coach because the manager and the players are bad, a bad coach isn't a good coach because the manager and the players are good. You have no idea if they are any good because you have no idea what their actual job is. Same as anyone else on here.
Just suppose Canning was organising for Neil and Venus for Mowbray . But yes they’ve been great 2/10 games

Were you drinking when you wrote this 👍

I'm thinking maybe when the new gaffer comes in we change the coaching set up for the first team. Release Dodds and Proctor and bring in fresh idea's.
So the lads return next pre season with a brand new fresh outlook.

I think it’s the person who they report to and the owner who we need to grief, not two blokes just holding the fort in good faith, for others who have fucked up!

I think it’s the person who they report to and the owner who we need to grief, not two blokes just holding the fort in good faith, for others who have fucked up!

Yeah well, the fort's on fire and the f***ing soldiers just took a shit on the floor in the yard and the enemy is climbing over the walls to kill us all, and these two fuckers are in charge

Or something, IDK man

Changes needed to be made at half time

The fact he didn’t shows he got no bottle. To the point where we were 3-0 down before he could change it.

This ‘I’ll send the lads back out’ mentality is nothing short of dog and duck management.

In addition we’re getting pumped 2-0 and the Blackburn lad is getting treatment, why’s he not rallying the troops, barking instructions? All just standing there like tons of milk, huddle up and sort it out.

I'm happy for them to stay as coaches- but whoever comes in should be allowed to bring in their own assistant above Dodds and Proctor.
And it should be now. I think this results shows that we have gotten worse. The Cardiff result was obviously a blip. Blackburn are utter shite and they tore straight through our first 11 almost, like we were an academy team. Which in many ways we are

It tells us that Dodds is not a good head coach. (It's not just the results, it's the chopping and changing, not all because of injuries.)

He's been promoted to do a job a level above his competence. (The Peter Principle). It doesn't necessarily mean he's no good as a coach working under the head coach's direction. We don't know for sure - but our performances under TM would suggest he isn't inept. Being a head coach and being a coach and very different things.

Good teachers don't necessarily make good head teachers. Though they often try it, given a chance ... career progression and salary. Failing doesn't mean they can't teach - it's a different skill set.

We had a situation before with Ricky Sbragia: good coach, but a manager? Definitely not.

New head coach does deserve his own team though.
Ricky knew more about football when he was eighteen than the whole of our backroom staff do now man

Back