Should Dodds and Proctor

I've had enough of this world class coaching lark as it leads to defeats and poor, aimless football. Can we try some half arsed coaching please? Bring in Sammy Lee or similar.

Only thing thats clear to me in all this is that Mike Dodds same as Mickey B is not a head coach, they are decent coaches
When told what tactics we are playing and how to play and told to coach accordingly, we just need a proper head coach that can decide these things and yeah let him bring an assistant like Tony did, no need to get rid because he didn’t make the step up to head coach.
This team doesn’t appear to receive any coaching. The same inept performances by players who fail to do the basics is indicative of poor coaching
Proctor and Dodds need to go ASAP

Following on from when will we apppoimt a new head coach..

Should we sack these two ?

I feel we need a whole new back room staff, fresh eyes, new ideas.

Dodds has already stated that nothing changes much on the training pitch when we change head coiaches.

Need a head coach with his own team that he trusts and is proven.
I'd be very, very surprised if they were sacked

Well they were there under Neil when we got promoted.
They were there under Mowbray when at times we were playing some sensational stuff.
Depends which way people want to spin it.
You beat me to it. Threads like this are horrible.
Dodds has got more 1st team players out than available and the squad as we all know, is wafer thin.
Why on earth would any sane person want them sacking ?

The coaching setup at Sunderland is terrible.

A failure to adapt when something isn't working. For example playing out from the back.
A failure to address players weaknesses. For example one footed players, marking opposition when out of possession.
A failure to play players in their best position or constantly changing line-ups, playing out of form favourites.
A failure to have a plan B. Even when it's apparent teams have sussed out the ball is going wide to either wing.
A failure to have a plan to defend set pieces.

Following on from when will we apppoimt a new head coach..

Should we sack these two ?

I feel we need a whole new back room staff, fresh eyes, new ideas.

Dodds has already stated that nothing changes much on the training pitch when we change head coiaches.

Need a head coach with his own team that he trusts and is proven.
Won’t happen as that costs money don’t it. The next head coach will have to work with what we’ve got. Simple as that

I think the club needs a restart this summer. If they want to take their final chance to show they are serious about wanting promotion and that this whole model business isn’t just a cost cutting PR exercise, then they need to bring in the proper level of professionalism, experience and motivation required in a back room team.

You look at the top sides and they focus on everything down to the fine details of coaching, nutrition and welfare for the players. We need to have that establishment behind the scenes and I’m not sure doddsy and proc fit the bill there when neither have been in or around such a high performance coaching environment in their careers to date.

Well they were there under Neil when we got promoted.
They were there under Mowbray when at times we were playing some sensational stuff.
Depends which way people want to spin it.
As soon as we hit a downturn we have to fuck every body off and start from scratch marra.
This team doesn’t appear to receive any coaching. The same inept performances by players who fail to do the basics is indicative of poor coaching
Proctor and Dodds need to go ASAP
What about pre November?

Seems to me a lack of poor leadership off the pitch is the main cause - a young team need to believe in the manager.
This with injuries to our most influential players has brought a huge drop in confidence
Unless you really think the team that drew with QPR is the same as the one that beat saints 5-0?

Last edited:

Back