Should Dodds and Proctor

Aye and out of the 11 games he’s been interim manager he’s got us 7 points in total.
That takes some doimg anarl
Relegated by Christmas form.
I know mate yet some still peddle the ‘feel for Doddsy line’ it amazes me he’s key to any future appointments, speakmans little laccy that’s all he is
‘Players love doddsy’ I keep hearing I’ve seen no evidence on the pitch, none
If anything I think they look less motivated than when Beale was here

Sacking them and having a fresh start would mean paying Dodds and proctors contracts off the potentially paying compo for a new head coach and his staff. Whether the hierarchy would do that is anyones guess on a financial level

The fear is they bring in another cheap option like beale and keep Dodds and proctor who would have to possibly contend with both losing our one player who scores regularly and potentially having to build a team with whatever speakman decides to bring in

There’s no guarantee the team will be any stronger next year, so any new head coach is gonna have to have a few tricks up his sleeve to win games from the off.

Last edited:
I think regardless of whether we've a problem with Procor / Dodds or not, they've been forced upon the last 3 managers. I get the continuity thing but we should at the very least allow a new coach to bring in his own no 2. I'm not sure where that would leave Dodds in the pecking order and the coaching model, where they make a big deal out of people progressing through the ranks.

Unexpectedly thrown into a position for which he isn't really qualified
I'm not sure it could be that unexpected. He was promoted to assistant head coach when Beale arrived. Part of his remit must have been to be ready for taking over at any time. And with everything going on, he should have been at least very suspicious that Beale was going to be sacked and he would be asked to step up.

Most prem teams have a designated set pieces coach

We need one of them

And also someone to work solely with our strikers to teach them how to hit a barn door

Probably the right answer, we need more coaches not less or to change what we have.
To be honest I think the players are well coached and the players have developed well individually on the whole.
But you have to remember they do what they are told by the head coach…. So the way the team is set up does not come from them.
Mowbray and the players held them in high regard, that’s good enough for me
I think regardless of whether we've a problem with Procor / Dodds or not, they've been forced upon the last 3 managers. I get the continuity thing but we should at the very least allow a new coach to bring in his own no 2. I'm not sure where that would leave Dodds in the pecking order and the coaching model, where they make a big deal out of people progressing through the ranks.

Mowbray had his own number 2 ?

I wouldn't want to sack them as a punitive measure for Dodds being out of his depth as caretaker.

However, if a decent manager makes bringing his own backroom staff a condition of taking the job, then offer them a return to the academy or something. Half-arsing recruitment of THE most important position at the club because you've prioritised hanging on to a mediocre coach is the most backwards policy I could imagine.

Sacking them and having a fresh start would mean paying Dodds and proctors contracts off the potentially paying compo for a new head coach and his staff. Whether the hierarchy would do that is anyones guess on a financial level

The fear is they bring in another cheap option like beale and keep Dodds and proctor who would have to possibly contend with both losing our one player who scores regularly and potentially having to build a team with whatever speakman decides to bring in

There’s no guarantee the team will be any stronger next year, so any new head coach is gonna have to have a few tricks up his sleeve to win games from the off.

We keep looking for fall guys be it head coach, coaches or recruitment team.

They all are working with a very limited resource be it budget, foreign kids, English kids, inexperienced even for kids, no particular skill kids, little physicality kids, no great shakes at anything kids;

They probably provide a great environment for learning and development but are desperate for players to work with who can take on more sophisticated tactics, who have honed skills such as dead ball ability.

They are having to work with mostly very rough diamonds.

Truth is they are all patsys… they need decent budgets and different recruitment strategy, then judge them … and that sits with KLD
I know mate yet some still peddle the ‘feel for Doddsy line’ it amazes me he’s key to any future appointments, speakmans little laccy that’s all he is
‘Players love doddsy’ I keep hearing I’ve seen no evidence on the pitch, none
If anything I think they look less motivated than when Beale was here

I think your conflating motivation with confidence. I think we all know when a team of kids confidence goes everything goes with it.

Last edited:
We keep looking for fall guys be it head coach, coaches or recruitment team.

They all are working with a very limited resource be it budget, foreign kids, English kids, inexperienced even for kids, no particular skill kids, little physicality kids, no great shakes at anything kids;

They probably provide a great environment for learning and development but are desperate for players to work with who can take on more sophisticated tactics, who have honed skills such as dead ball ability.

They are having to work with mostly very rough diamonds.

Truth is they are all patsys… they need decent budgets and different recruitment strategy, then judge them … and that sits with KLD
Indeed, a lot will depend on how much Clarke goes for and how much the owners are willing to pump in too if any
Clarkes money I suspect won’t be a vast pot of gold once spuds have been paid off, potentially compo for a new manager been paid.

He may be sold for say 25m and if spurs get a third, that’s down to 17m to play with, compo for manager. Then whatever’s left we have to fill numerous positions if no extra money is pumped in. Not gonna buy a whole lot of experience especially in the striker dept unless they fall lucky

And of clarkes transfer drags on it could well be late in the window before any new players are even attempted to be brought in

Last edited:
How hard can it be to be a set piece coach?
“Right lads, you cross it into the box and the bigger lads try and head it into the goal”

Dodds and Proctor IF they remain should only be working with Academy players. Don't want either of them anywhere near the first team squad. If the players rated them that highly and liked them that much they would've ran through brick walls for them to increase their chances of taking over permenantly.
The new man needs his own backroom staff. If there's terms and conditions attached to keeping Dodds and Proctor as first team coaches we will end up with another Beale type appointment.

Last edited:
Dodds and Proctor IF they remain should only be working with Academy players. Don't want either of them anywhere near the first team squad. If the players rated them that highly and liked them that much they would've ran through brick walls for them to increase their chances of taking over permenantly.
The new man needs his own backroom staff. If there's terms and conditions attached to keeping Dodds and Proctor as first team coaches we will end up with another Beale type appointment.
Exactly.

Probably the right answer, we need more coaches not less or to change what we have.
To be honest I think the players are well coached and the players have developed well individually on the whole.
But you have to remember they do what they are told by the head coach…. So the way the team is set up does not come from them.
Mowbray and the players held them in high regard, that’s good enough for me

Mowbray had his own number 2 ?
Yep but he didn't pick Proctor or dodds and beale wasn't allowed anyone. Contrast to the norm of a head coach/manager bringing in an entire backroom staff of their own.

This team doesn’t appear to receive any coaching. The same inept performances by players who fail to do the basics is indicative of poor coaching
Proctor and Dodds need to go ASAP

I think that’s more to do with their mental and physical conditioning and intelligence through lack of experience

The way I definitely don’t want to spin it is 5 games no wins and there is more personality in my dog.
You can spin what you want, but that’s the truth.
I’m not spinning anything he’s the same coach who engineered two excellent wins against two of the best teams in the league in a space of 4 days I’ve no doubt you thought he was the bees knackers then.
In fairness we’re missing a lot of players who would improve the team some playing presently are simply not good enough that’s not down to him.

I’m not spinning anything he’s the same coach who engineered two excellent wins against two of the best teams in the league in a space of 4 days I’ve no doubt you thought he was the bees knackers then.
In fairness we’re missing a lot of players who would improve the team some playing presently are simply not good enough that’s not down to him.
The geezer is clueless simple as a academy u10’s coach

Following on from when will we apppoimt a new head coach..

Should we sack these two ?

I feel we need a whole new back room staff, fresh eyes, new ideas.

Dodds has already stated that nothing changes much on the training pitch when we change head coiaches.

Need a head coach with his own team that he trusts and is proven.
Move them back into the positions they where brought in to fulfil

Back