Shots and explosions outside of Parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.

dear me

context ffs

read!!!
Section 31(1)(a) creates the distinct offence of racially or religiously aggravated fear or provocation of violence. A person is guilty of this offence if he commits an offence under section 4 of the Public Order Act 1986 (see fear or provocation of violence) which is racially or religiously aggravated within the meaning of section 28.

Section 31(1)(b) creates the distinct offence of racially or religiously intentional harassment, alarm or distress. A person is guilty of this offence if he commits an offence under section 4A of the Public Order Act 1986 (see intentional harassment, alarm or distress) which is racially or religiously aggravated within the meaning of section 28.

A person guilty of either of these offences is liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or to a fine, or to both, or on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or to both (s.31(4)).

Harassment, alarm or distress

Section 31(1)(c) creates the distinct offence of racially or religiously harassment, alarm or distress. A person is guilty of this offence if he commits an offence under section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 (see harassment, alarm or distress) which is racially or religiously aggravated within the meaning of section 28.

A person guilty of this offence is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale (s.29(3)).
Glad we can agree then. Not all racist statements are criminal. Ergo, being a racist on its own, isn't a crime.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:
"The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."
Do you?

Racist! Reported!
Context !!!! its where and why it was said
Well reasoned and thought out. Bravo.

i posted the law , twice and you're still not getting it

Context !!!! its where and why it was said

i posted the law , twice and you're still not getting it
I've posted the dictionary definition of what racist is and by that definition made a racist comment. The dictionary definition doesn't mention context. Are you arguing that its only racist if its illegal?

@RossTheNinja could rival Whed in the utter spastic stakes
Do you have anything to contribute?

Last edited:
I've posted the dictionary definition of what racist is and by that definition made a racist comment. The dictionary definition doesn't mention context. Are you arguing that its only racist if its illegal?

er it does

"The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

and as for your last sentence , my ten year old son would get this in a heart beat :lol: if it is racist it is illegal as racism is illegal you plank

er it does

and as for your last sentence , my ten year old son would get this in a heart beat :lol: if it is racist it is illegal as racism is illegal you plank
Maybe you should put him on then, as maybe he can read. I've stated something which, by this definition, which you've helpfully put in red, is racist.
That is not illegal.

Do you have anything to contribute?

What more can I add that hasnt already been posted?

The law has been explained,as has the role of the victim in a crime,context,location,situation yet you still blather on like a ****.

Like Whed who is on the spectrum you cant debate or reason with someone who is quite frankly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back