Shane Warne RIP

Test crickets greatest ever bowler…fuck the stats…he was the best
Imagine the wicket haul if he was playing in India or Sri Lanka all the time.
Can't say I'm often shocked or gutted from deaths other than family and friends, but this one got me big time. Didn't learn of his death till 6pm, I nearly fell off the chair.
A big big personality gone there mind.
My admiration grew for him when he was boning Liz Hurley, the lucky fucker.

I'm absolutely rocked by this, I can't get my head around it. Fifty-two, doesn't seem that long ago he was playing for Rajasthan, if not Australia.

The thing is that for my generation, he was the superstar of cricket. 1990s is my era, growing up. And even though he was a flash Australian who used to humiliate us all the time, everyone wanted to be him when you were playing tennis ball cricket; every fake practice bowl came with a little "bowling Warney" inside your head.

Cricket's Maradona; flawed human but an inhuman level of genius and the best bowler the game has seen.

Cricket in mourning, RIP Warney. Reckon he'll rip one round Bradman's legs up there myself.

Slightly pissed but I'm genuinely gutted. Best bowler of all time and an absolute character. He'd finished playing but I could fall back on his commentary, insight and master classes. Will really miss what he added. Genius gets hoyed around too easily IMO but he genuinely was one. RIP Shane, this malt is for you.

Greatest cricketer of all time for me
Changed test cricket for the better inspired youngsters and made slow bowling cool
Great slip fielder and a much better bat than his average suggests

I specifically learned leg spin because of him. And wrong’uns, and pushing it straight on. The three years prior I’d bowled a medium pace on off stump.

You’re absolutely right in what you’ve said, made slow bowling cool. Ended up being ‘how far can you spin it’ rather than ‘how quick’

One of those WTF deaths for me

A stand out player in an outstanding Aussie side

Really sad. It was surreal this morning. At about 2:30am here in Melbourne there was a really, really heavy downpour that woke me up. I happened to look at my phone and had a text from a mate 15 mins earlier just saying “Warnie, WTF”, I was looking over social media and trying to work it out, it felt like a a hoax or something, then I saw news outlets confirming it 😔 I was flicking WhatsApps around and so many mates were replying, everybody was weirdly awake at like 3am.

52 ffs. Unhealthy eating and smoking I guess, but still so young. So sad. But in a strange way he was a Peter Pan-like figure, so perhaps fitting somehow. He certainly crammed plenty in. And he won’t be forgotten, the MCG is the centre of Melbourne and the Southern Stand is enormous and covers half of it. It’s the Warne Stand now.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely rocked by this, I can't get my head around it. Fifty-two, doesn't seem that long ago he was playing for Rajasthan, if not Australia.

The thing is that for my generation, he was the superstar of cricket. 1990s is my era, growing up. And even though he was a flash Australian who used to humiliate us all the time, everyone wanted to be him when you were playing tennis ball cricket; every fake practice bowl came with a little "bowling Warney" inside your head.

Cricket's Maradona; flawed human but an inhuman level of genius and the best bowler the game has seen.

Cricket in mourning, RIP Warney. Reckon he'll rip one round Bradman's legs up there myself.
Brought me to tears. Beautiful words pal.

This image and the stump dance are how I’ll remember Shane Warne. Competetive,combative winner and a f***ing smashing bloke.

A beautiful tribute to the best bowler the English have ever seen. Murali could be somewhat combatted. Warne never ever could. 15years of mass English destruction

Last edited:
Died in Thailand, hopefully surrounded by hookers and covered in blow.

RIP
Almost certainly. :lol:

The bloke lived out loud both on and off the pitch, really sad news.

Love Gatting's little shrug and eyebrow raise as he's walking off after THE ball, as if to say: Fair fucks lad, too much for me.

Back