Shane Warne RIP

Really sad. It was surreal this morning. At about 2:30am here in Melbourne there was a really, really heavy downpour that woke me up. I happened to look at my phone and had a text from a mate 15 mins earlier just saying “Warnie, WTF”, I was looking over social media and trying to work it out, it felt like a a hoax or something, then I saw news outlets confirming it 😔 I was flicking WhatsApps around and so many mates were replying, everybody was weirdly awake at like 3am.

52 ffs. Unhealthy eating and smoking I guess, but still so young. So sad. But in a strange way he was a Peter Pan-like figure, so perhaps fitting somehow. He certainly crammed plenty in. And he won’t be forgotten, the MCG is the centre of Melbourne and the Southern Stand is enormous and covers half of it. It’s the Warne Stand now.

It’s one of those deaths that just halts you in your tracks. You just think wow really? That’s just in this country. Can’t imagine the reaction in Oz.

State funeral?

Was in a taxi on Friday and we drove past the Oval and I started boring my work colleagues about being there for the last day of the 2005 Ashes. Never expected this news the same day.
Saw Warney countless times in the Championship against Durham and in the final vs Hampshire. What a cracking bloke.
The thing I'll miss most is his commentary and the coaching on Sky. The bit he did in Durham indoor nets I found fascinating.

RIP big man.
Should rename the ground IMO

Last edited:
Anyone seen the pics going around? Are they old or have been 'lifted' off his cctv?

Anyone seen the pics going around? Are they old or have been 'lifted' off his cctv?
Got to be old. He's a fatty on the pics/cctv.

He had just finished a 14 day liquid only diet and trimmed down massively. Before then he was on a diet of lasagne sandwiches. A man of extremes, which can't be healthy.

Back