Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf it's not a double standard unless the women concerned are themselves acting inappropriately and then complaining when the same thing happens to them. I would suggest that the majority of women don't act that way and don't agree with acting that way, same as the majority of men. The problem is that in a large number of harassment cases the harasser gets away with it, and not because the person harassed doesn't mind it

That’s all fair enough, but the vast majority of men won’t give a shit if a lass gets a bit familiar. At worst, you just tell her to fuck off.

It isn’t going to traumatise you.

You don't think power and the risk of something bad actually happening come into it?

Well yes, obviously.

But on a fundamental level, we just react differently. I know that dynamics play a huge part, I’m not ignorant to that, but I think in this day and age we’re increasingly trying to ignore that men and women think and act differently.

Women (on the whole) are more fragile. I know that isn’t the popular view these days, but it’s true.

That’s all fair enough, but the vast majority of men won’t give a shit if a lass gets a bit familiar. At worst, you just tell her to fuck off.

It isn’t going to traumatise you.
Why should anyone have to be out in the situation where you have to tell anyone to fuck off?

Here’s another one which I’ve dealt with on several occasions...woman launches a harassment allegation against the bloke, bloke immediately gets hauled over the coals, suspended, etc. Turns out the women came on to the blokes and when they were told to ‘fuck off’ they lodged the allegation. All of the cases I sat in on were very close to the woman not being found out meanwhile the bloke is in a shit state.

Why should anyone have to be out in the situation where you have to tell anyone to fuck off?

Here’s another one which I’ve dealt with on several occasions...woman launches a harassment allegation against the bloke, bloke immediately gets hauled over the coals, suspended, etc. Turns out the women came on to the blokes and when they were told to ‘fuck off’ they lodged the allegation. All of the cases I sat in on were very close to the woman not being found out meanwhile the bloke is in a shit state.

They shouldn’t.

I never said any of it was okay.

In work wise, just ignore them, as in just speak them in a working manor, then move on. I've done this, not because of sexual harassment, because of cultural differences which can just lead to as much bother working islamic, Buddhist etc countries. They probably think I'm a miserable heartless bastard (Not far off), but never been in trouble yet, unlike others. On the social side, you know which lass you can crack on with, don't go too far (Unless you both going down that route to you know where), you should stay away from all this trouble.

I had the misfortune of having to sit in on one of these.
The woman made all sorts of allegations but then admitted she had lied.
She was transferred to another department on the same grade.
The male had been suspended pending enquiry. He felt that he could no longer work for such a shite company and resigned at the end of the enquiry.
She is now senior management

Happens to me all the time. A consequence of being so irresistible I suppose.
This.

It's only harassment to a bloke if it happens all the time.

The lads on this thread that are being all "yeah I love it me like" is because it's once in a blue moon for them.

For extraordinarily good looking people of course it gets boring really quickly.

So much so I don't even go for WADs any more I'm straight onto the worldies! ;):cool:

Bit about it on the news now, I’m not disputing that it’s an issue for women in the workplace but what I’d like to see, and what would be interesting is how many men have been harassed in the workplace by women.

This is not a woman v man anti feminist thread before anyone starts!

I know I’ve seen stuff in the workplace and on works nights out that would very easily constitute sexual hardassment by women but this goes virtually unreported or unnoticed.

This must happen on a very regular basis. Why is that, should it be highlighted and brought to the media’s attention?
The headline this morning was x% of women andx% of men ,so it's in the report

These are the figures I’d like to see though, the amount of times something is said to a bloke that would be classed. As harassment if it was said to a woman. Surely there’s a massive disparity between what happens?
Provably whoever feels the most in control in those grey situations
Like racism one woman would see nothing in it another offended and it's valid if you've offended someone Imo

Last edited:
The headline this morning was x% of women andx% of men ,so it's in the report

Provably whoever feels the most in control in those grey situations
Like racism one woman would see nothing in it another offended and it's valid if you've offended someone Imo

I think what the op is asking is not how many men and women feel they have been sexually harassed (which, as you rightly say, we have the figures for), but how many times certain phrases or behaviours are actually said and done by men to women, and by women to men, regardless of how they are received. So that we can see whether women are victims of such behaviour more than men, or whether it's pretty equal but women receive it differently and there for report it more frequently than men. As I said on page 1 it is practically impossible to get this information; you'd have to secretly record and analyse every conversation everyone has.

Bit about it on the news now, I’m not disputing that it’s an issue for women in the workplace but what I’d like to see, and what would be interesting is how many men have been harassed in the workplace by women.

This is not a woman v man anti feminist thread before anyone starts!

I know I’ve seen stuff in the workplace and on works nights out that would very easily constitute sexual hardassment by women but this goes virtually unreported or unnoticed.

This must happen on a very regular basis. Why is that, should it be highlighted and brought to the media’s attention?
Could you imagine being the maintenance bloke at dewhirsts on the Christmas do? Bet you'd end up raped at least twice. :lol:

It's pretty much impossible to get such data because what women (in general) and men (in general) see as behaviour which can be defined sexual harassment is different.

Example recently on The Apprentice. Women contestants asking male models to lift their top up, ogling etc, seemingly fine. If the men had done that, it is more likely to be seen as sexual harassment.

I've just started a new job where I am the only male in our 'cluster' team in the North division. This has been highlighted to me on several occasions by several female colleagues - "ooh, we've heard we've got a man", "we won't bite" etc. Now I have no problem with this, but if that was the only female in a team of men and their gender kept coming up "ooh, we've got a woman" it's more likely to be an issue.

Having said that, you can understand why this is. Women are (generally speaking) more vulnerable than men in many ways (more likely to be raped, usually physically weaker etc) so I don't necessarily blame women for interpreting behaviour differently than a man would.

This is the reason that, like I said, you could never get the stats on this.

Edit: 5 billion pages
You seen the advert that on now for some perfume or aftershave? Loads of women spying on a bloke getting changed trough a 2 way mirror? There'd be f***ing protests if that was the other way round.

Last edited:
It must be an awful experience. Soul destroying. Embarrassing. Humiliating. That kind of thing will stay with you for years, if not forever. The emotional impact must be truly overwhelming and I can't imagine the feelings that you must have about the person who's done this to you; ....accused you of harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back