Sexual Harrassment

I think what the op is asking is not how many men and women feel they have been sexually harassed (which, as you rightly say, we have the figures for), but how many times certain phrases or behaviours are actually said and done by men to women, and by women to men, regardless of how they are received. So that we can see whether women are victims of such behaviour more than men, or whether it's pretty equal but women receive it differently and there for report it more frequently than men. As I said on page 1 it is practically impossible to get this information; you'd have to secretly record and analyse every conversation everyone has.
Canny common knowledge though, blokes think about sex non stop and think everything they say to a woman is hilarious or cool or whatever(not completely factual but you know what i mean) Women don't, although in a collective they have their moments

My ex-boss told my Mrs she'd be a better match for me than her at one Xmas party. Went down well!

It was just one thing in a long list of creepy stuff she did, daft bewer.

very easy. don't say owt, don't look at them and whatever you do, dinnit touch. then you can't get caught out.
I think you're missing the point. It's got to the stage now that natural human mating rituals are now being considered harassment. We aren't talking about a bloke grabbing a woman's tits and arse and asking if they fancy a shag. We are talking about a man looking at a woman at all and paying compliments in come cases it got that stupid.
Millennials have seriously fucked up society for the young generation with this and related issues.

Sure I read somewhere that someone was took to task for wolf-whistling. The lass took it a a gross insult - not sure what the outcome was mind just that it was being addressed

I think I may well have said something to the lads I worked with that might be construed as harassment - IF and only IF humour was taken out of the equation. And it will have been as a response to something similar. I think it's a sad thing if banter is banished from the workplace but banter where both sides are in on the joke of course. I hope we aren't all going to lose our sense of humour when communicating.

No. We. Are. Not. Going. To.

Marra

I think you're missing the point. It's got to the stage now that natural human mating rituals are now being considered harassment. We aren't talking about a bloke grabbing a woman's tits and arse and asking if they fancy a shag. We are talking about a man looking at a woman at all and paying compliments in come cases it got that stupid.
Millennials have seriously fucked up society for the young generation with this and related issues.
exactly, hence what i said. don't say or do anything and you can't be accused of anything.

I used to work at a factory where one of the women (staff) would regularly come into the office and have a good old feel of my arse, usually accompanied with a 'whooaarr, what an arse that is'.

Didn't bother me as I didn't think it was anything serious, thought she was trying to shock more than make sexual advances (she later explained quite a detailed scenario she had envisaged which confirmed that it was in fact sexual).

I'm fairly confident I would have been sacked if I had done the same to her.

Bit about it on the news now, I’m not disputing that it’s an issue for women in the workplace but what I’d like to see, and what would be interesting is how many men have been harassed in the workplace by women.

This is not a woman v man anti feminist thread before anyone starts!

I know I’ve seen stuff in the workplace and on works nights out that would very easily constitute sexual hardassment by women but this goes virtually unreported or unnoticed.

This must happen on a very regular basis. Why is that, should it be highlighted and brought to the media’s attention?

I was sexually harassed every Friday in the town between the ages of 16-18 by the yellow peril lot :lol::lol:

Back