Sexual Harrassment

C

Cowvahlo

Bit about it on the news now, I’m not disputing that it’s an issue for women in the workplace but what I’d like to see, and what would be interesting is how many men have been harassed in the workplace by women.

This is not a woman v man anti feminist thread before anyone starts!

I know I’ve seen stuff in the workplace and on works nights out that would very easily constitute sexual hardassment by women but this goes virtually unreported or unnoticed.

This must happen on a very regular basis. Why is that, should it be highlighted and brought to the media’s attention?

Because we don’t give a fuck, is the honest answer.
This is true. But when you see women get away with murder and nothing happens and then all hell breaks loose because a woman is offended by the most subtle and benign things then it becomes a problem.

For example, this poster is just a bit of fun, no bloke would take offence and would consider it a laugh. If however the message was revered, it would be headline news and horrible misogynistic propaganda. This is when it's went too far and become far more than just annoying, it becomes a serious disability on society.

I know it's not sexual harassment, but it's very closely related and it's about the mismatch that takes place that you talked about in your OP

Logon or register to see this image

This is true. But when you see women get away with murder and nothing happens and then all hell breaks loose because a woman is offended by the most subtle and benign things then it becomes a problem.

For example, this poster is just a bit of fun, no bloke would take offence and would consider it a laugh. If however the message was revered, it would be headline news and horrible misogynistic propaganda. This is when it's went too far and become far more than just annoying, it becomes a serious disability on society.

I know it's not sexual harassment, but it's very closely related and it's about the mismatch that takes place that you talked about in your OP

Logon or register to see this image
not really matey. If the message was revered it would be a reason for praise and worship ;)

Well I want to complain, was advised that I'd get get loads of sexual harassment on here from the lasses and nowt! Apart from some good craics with Becs and Amber that is..... so all in all really nothing to complain about:lol::lol:

It's pretty much impossible to get such data because what women (in general) and men (in general) see as behaviour which can be defined sexual harassment is different.

Example recently on The Apprentice. Women contestants asking male models to lift their top up, ogling etc, seemingly fine. If the men had done that, it is more likely to be seen as sexual harassment.

I've just started a new job where I am the only male in our 'cluster' team in the North division. This has been highlighted to me on several occasions by several female colleagues - "ooh, we've heard we've got a man", "we won't bite" etc. Now I have no problem with this, but if that was the only female in a team of men and their gender kept coming up "ooh, we've got a woman" it's more likely to be an issue.

Having said that, you can understand why this is. Women are (generally speaking) more vulnerable than men in many ways (more likely to be raped, usually physically weaker etc) so I don't necessarily blame women for interpreting behaviour differently than a man would.

This is the reason that, like I said, you could never get the stats on this.

Edit: 5 billion pages

It's pretty much impossible to get such data because what women (in general) and men (in general) see as behaviour which can be defined sexual harassment is different.

Example recently on The Apprentice. Women contestants asking male models to lift their top up, ogling etc, seemingly fine. If the men had done that, it is more likely to be seen as sexual harassment.

I've just started a new job where I am the only male in our 'cluster' team in the North division. This has been highlighted to me on several occasions by several female colleagues - "ooh, we've heard we've got a man", "we won't bite" etc. Now I have no problem with this, but if that was the only female in a team of men and their gender kept coming up "ooh, we've got a woman" it's more likely to be an issue.

Having said that, you can understand why this is. Women are (generally speaking) more vulnerable than men in many ways (more likely to be raped, usually physically weaker etc) so I don't necessarily blame women for interpreting behaviour differently than a man would.

These are the figures I’d like to see though, the amount of times something is said to a bloke that would be classed. As harassment if it was said to a woman. Surely there’s a massive disparity between what happens?

The Apprentice is odd for that like.

Loads of gratuitous shots of the blokes getting ready.

Somebody from one of those celebrity/lifestyle mags was being interviewed on the news last week, about sexual harassment and blokes doing it, and they said there was a good chance that the first famous/powerful woman could be outed for harassment by the end of the year
Ah right, that makes more sense. Stands to reason it happens doesn’t it? It’s be interesting to see who.

Back