Selfish Twats. Selfish Twats EVERYWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not trying to be nasty here but most the of the UK are locked down to protect the vulnerable and old yet you've just openly admitted that your out anyway when your part of the vulnerable group. We're literally only locked down to protect the likes of you and the hundreds of pensioners who still think it's urgent to go shopping for nothing when there's online deliveries for them.

You have no right to attack anyone, who from what you've said are doing nothing wrong anyway, show some appreciation rather than attacking people who are protecting you, we don't have to. The internet lately has literally turned into 2 extremes lately some who moan at people stepping out the house or travelling 5.1 miles (.1 further than they should) omg must post it on a forum and Twitter or Covid is fake nutjobs.

You have no right to attack anyone, who from what you've said are doing nothing wrong anyway, show some appreciation rather than attacking people who are protecting you, we don't have to. The internet lately has literally turned into 2 extremes lately some who moan at people stepping out the house or travelling 5.1 miles (.1 further than they should) omg must post it on a forum and Twitter or Covid is fake nutjobs.

Err....you do have to. It's the law.

My missus was doing a radge yesterday because the next door neighbours appeared to be having a birthday celebration for their little boy with a succession of visitors, all of whom entered their house for longish periods with their own children, occasionally noticing that more than two cars were parked outside so it would seem multiple households indoors. The radge got worse when the policeman who lives opposite emerged to go for a walk with his family and waved at them.
I'm not trying to be nasty here but most the of the UK are locked down to protect the vulnerable and old yet you've just openly admitted that your out anyway when your part of the vulnerable group. We're literally only locked down to protect the likes of you and the hundreds of pensioners who still think it's urgent to go shopping for nothing when there's online deliveries for them.

To be fair. He's having an hours exercise outdoors, socially distanced. He's complaining because of the people who are not socially distancing but who are mixing with other households, thus spreading the virus and prolonging the lockdown for everyone, that's prolonging it for them, you, me ...and him. Seems a fair enough complaint to me. If was complaining about people who were locked down and weren't mixing you'd have a point
Do what you think is right. Ignore the things you can't control.

That's what I said to the missus. But being human, we all tend to notice perceived selfishness and unfairness. Especially when we're anxious and stressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

If only life was so perfect. I take it you don't have home deliveries? I've been getting them since last March and I can assure you that every week something is not available and you are not necessarily informed until the delivery has been made. As I said earlier:

Although to be fair I think the message to those of us that are CEV has been obvious from the start...shut the fuck up, stay indoors and keep taking those vitamin Ds so that you are not a drain on the NHS because the rest of us want to crack on with going to the beach, having raves and pissing it up in pubs and still have a hospital bed available for us when we get covid.

They didn't seem too bothered about the vulnerable out of sight in care homes when the pandemic was raging.

You are in lockdown to protect yourself.

Last edited:
I needed the rant, I also needed to be told "chill mate" in an understanding manner, rather than "Whee's this bitching bellend?"

they can all serve a purpose at different points at the moment :lol:

nowt wrong with the occasional frustrated rant, it's always good to be understood, and sometimes we all need a reminder to wind our necks in

Just like the guy who has gone out after being told to shield has decided it is a risk worth taking. Both families know the risks and have made the decision to still meet up.

There is no difference, both are ignoring the rules and creating a risk.

Read Baloo's post. I was within my right to go for a walk. Them deliberately meeting up to go for a walk with a Costa is a massive difference.

Err....you do have to. It's the law.

I meant the country as a whole rather than me as an individual there.

If only life was so perfect. I take it you don't have home deliveries? I've been getting them since last March and I can assure you that every week something is not available and you are not necessarily informed until the delivery has been made. As I said earlier:

Although to be fair I think the message to those of us that are CEV has been obvious from the start...shut the fuck up, stay indoors and keep taking those vitamin Ds so that you are not a drain on the NHS because the rest of us want to crack on with going to the beach, having raves and pissing it up in pubs and still have a hospital bed available for us when we get covid.

They didn't seem too bothered about the vulnerable out of sight in care homes when the pandemic was raging.

To be fair. He's having an hours exercise outdoors, socially distanced. He's complaining because of the people who are not socially distancing but who are mixing with other households, thus spreading the virus and prolonging the lockdown for everyone, that's prolonging it for them, you, me ...and him. Seems a fair enough complaint to me. If was complaining about people who were locked down and weren't mixing you'd have a point

I was probably a bit harsh there so sorry to the OP as he's not the real problem. It's just becoming a bit of a trend lately though for pensioners etc to be ranting away yet they travel 7 miles to go shopping when there's perfectly fine local shops 200m away they can get their essentials from and this thread was just more of the same. There's too much of people moaning about people go for wals with a friend or two even if they do have a Costa and really it isn't a problem. 4+ then maybe but 1, 2, 3 you're really not doing any harm. We are at the end of the day protecting the vulnerable and older populations mainly.

That said about your CEV comment there is a big problem and I no-one should be doing anything of that and I disagree with that approach but their the scum Covid is fake people who are by far the worst.

Me, Mrs K and Mini-K went for a walk around Pennington Flash yesterday morning. It's a decent walk around with nature hides and a massive lake etc.
I'm CEV and really speaking should stay at home, however, if I did that (again) not only would my mental health be utterly shot to shit, my immune system which is already compromised, would be utterly fucked if I don't give it chance to actually develop immunity to things.
I stay out of people's way, wash hands, don't touch owt etc...
Getting some fresh and and a change of scenery is what you need to try and feel a bit better. Doing that bit of exercise to stop the ever increasing timber.

Like I say we went for a walk there, as a family group, in our own little bubble. Not with anyone else.
Seem sensible? Doing the right thing etc?

So why is it that every set of pricks we went past were clearly from multiple households? Packs of people out for a run together. f***ing "Ladies What Lunch" with their Costas.
If the Covid Coppers had set up shop on one of the paths they'd have made a mint by about 1pm.

Hello ladies, are you in the same household?
Yes?
Can you prove that?
No.
£200 and off you fuck flower.

Hello folks.
Do you all live together?
Erm...

Exactly. Fuck off home and take this fine with you.

I haven't seen some my family in over a year. I haven't seen friends in months.
Stop being such selfish twats and we might all get to do this a bit sooner.

I appreciate it's unlikely they'll read this, but fuck me I needed a rant about it.
Going for a walk was meant to make me feel better. By the time we got back to the car, I was practically spitting acid.
Experienced the same at the country park next to my estate yesterday. Large groups, 6 or 7 adults, 5 or 6 kids, all walking together or straddling the walkway as they chat. Selfish cunts refusing to move aside, forcing us to walk up on the banks. Giving you a face when you ask them to move or tuck in. Selfish fuckers everywhere unfortunately

And that there is exactly the problem. What happens if they've got it but are asymptomatic, they are potentially passing it on to another family but deciding meeting up, against the rules is a risk worth taking.
For me, my family, and almost everyone I know, it would seem it is a risk worth taking mate.

I'm not in lockdown to protect myself, if that were the case I'd say no thanks. I'm doing it to protect the NHS, apparently.

Last edited:
Totally agree. f***ing ignorant women meeting up in supermarkets really pisses me off. Dont mind the seafront being busy if people are sticking to the rules and in their household bubbles (we did yesterday). However, no excuse for the groups we saw that were obviously not in the same household.

It's really unhealthy, imo that citizens are getting seriously pissed off with eachother over innocuous things like going for a walk with a mate or two, and the bairns. Or people not shopping alone. Or queuing for fish and chips. Or shaking hands.
It's quite worrying actually and I'm starting to wonder if it's a Stockholm syndrome type situation, some people might really struggle to get back to a normal, pre march 2020 lifestyle.

That isn't aimed solely at the OP mind, it's just a general trend I've noticed a lot lately

There's too much of people moaning about people go for wals with a friend or two even if they do have a Costa and really it isn't a problem. 4+ then maybe but 1, 2, 3 you're really not doing any harm. We are at the end of the day protecting the vulnerable and older populations mainly.

It still is a problem though if they're not from the same household and have been mixing with others. If they're asymptomatic, that's how it spreads. Further and further.

It's really unhealthy, imo that citizens are getting seriously pissed off with eachother over innocuous things like going for a walk with a mate or two, and the bairns. Or people not shopping alone. Or queuing for fish and chips. Or shaking hands.
It's quite worrying actually and I'm starting to wonder if it's a Stockholm syndrome type situation, some people might really struggle to get back to a normal, pre march 2020 lifestyle.

That isn't aimed solely at the OP mind, it's just a general trend I've noticed a lot lately

It's the problem when you're facing something you can't see. There's people who know it has the potential to be everywhere and act accordingly, then there's your shaking hands muppets.
Personally I think there's a lot of things which I'd like to see carry on when we're all in a better position.
There's also a shitload I hope I never see again.
Going for a walk with a mate right now isn't innocuous. That's part of the problem. Who have you been in contact with? Who have they?

The sooner we all get the jab and the rate keeps dropping the better. We just have to do what we can to help it drop.
For me, my family, and almost everyone I know, it would seem it is a risk worth taking mate.

I'm not in lockdown to protect myself, if that were the case I'd say no thanks. I'm doing it to protect the NHS, apparently.

You are. There's more patients in hospital and on ventilators now than there was last year

Does it worry you that we have so many deaths or new cases daily ?
That's unhealthy and by your own reasoning you are happy to take risks, I've got a syndrome name for that but I won't bother posting it.

3. Given the advice is that people with pre-existing conditions shield, it is arguably you who is being selfish as if you get ill it is much more likely you will put a burden on the NHS than the average person.
4. The evidence shows, time and time again, that people walking or chatting outside is a very low risk. I’m sick to death of people blaming others for doing things which have a negligible effect when all the evidence shows it is things like work, deprivation etc that are driving the spread of the virus.
some on here who are CEV actual brag that they are going out to work,making out that they are key workers...its WEALTH before HEALTH ....but same people criticise others if they don’t wear masks...The OP was only doing what they are entitled to do and that is to exercise....anyone wanting to have a go at him should turn their attention to those putting two fingers up to the NHS

Have you not watched the news for 11 month or sommet?

Have you not watched the news for 11 month or sommet?
Not so much the last 6 months if I'm honest,
Does it worry you that we have so many deaths or new cases daily ?
That's unhealthy and by your own reasoning you are happy to take risks, I've got a syndrome name for that but I won't bother posting it.
It doesn't worry me really. That's not to say im not bothered by it. I am, it's obviously going to be tragic for anyone who looses someone close to them, as it always is.

Last edited:
Missus was telling me she was at a cash point today and two young lasses came up close behind her standing close talking to each other. Neither was wearing a mask. Both of them had exemption badges on. Neither looked like they needed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back