Selfish Twats. Selfish Twats EVERYWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keawyeds

Striker
Me, Mrs K and Mini-K went for a walk around Pennington Flash yesterday morning. It's a decent walk around with nature hides and a massive lake etc.
I'm CEV and really speaking should stay at home, however, if I did that (again) not only would my mental health be utterly shot to shit, my immune system which is already compromised, would be utterly fucked if I don't give it chance to actually develop immunity to things.
I stay out of people's way, wash hands, don't touch owt etc...
Getting some fresh and and a change of scenery is what you need to try and feel a bit better. Doing that bit of exercise to stop the ever increasing timber.

Like I say we went for a walk there, as a family group, in our own little bubble. Not with anyone else.
Seem sensible? Doing the right thing etc?

So why is it that every set of pricks we went past were clearly from multiple households? Packs of people out for a run together. f***ing "Ladies What Lunch" with their Costas.
If the Covid Coppers had set up shop on one of the paths they'd have made a mint by about 1pm.

Hello ladies, are you in the same household?
Yes?
Can you prove that?
No.
£200 and off you fuck flower.

Hello folks.
Do you all live together?
Erm...

Exactly. Fuck off home and take this fine with you.

I haven't seen some my family in over a year. I haven't seen friends in months.
Stop being such selfish twats and we might all get to do this a bit sooner.

I appreciate it's unlikely they'll read this, but fuck me I needed a rant about it.
Going for a walk was meant to make me feel better. By the time we got back to the car, I was practically spitting acid.

Me, Mrs K and Mini-K went for a walk around Pennington Flash yesterday morning. It's a decent walk around with nature hides and a massive lake etc.
I'm CEV and really speaking should stay at home, however, if I did that (again) not only would my mental health be utterly shot to shit, my immune system which is already compromised, would be utterly fucked if I don't give it chance to actually develop immunity to things.
Getting some fresh and and a change of scenery is what you need to try and feel a bit better. Doing that bit of exercise to stop the ever increasing timber.

Like I say we went for a walk there, as a family group, in our own little bubble. Not with anyone else.

So why is it that every set of pricks we went past were clearly from multiple households? Packs of people out for a run together. f***ing "Ladies What Lunch" with their Costas.
If the Covid Coppers had set up shop on one of the paths they'd have made a mint by about 1pm.

Yes?
Can you prove that?
No.

Hello folks.
Erm...

I appreciate it's unlikely they'll read this, but fuck me I needed a rant about it.
Going for a walk was meant to make me feel better. By the time we got back to the car, I was practically spitting acid.
Drove through the coast road yesterday and it was like the air show.

1. You are allowed to meet a person from another house outside
2. How do you know they are from different households
3. Given the advice is that people with pre-existing conditions shield, it is arguably you who is being selfish as if you get ill it is much more likely you will put a burden on the NHS than the average person.
4. The evidence shows, time and time again, that people walking or chatting outside is a very low risk. I’m sick to death of people blaming others for doing things which have a negligible effect when all the evidence shows it is things like work, deprivation etc that are driving the spread of the virus.

3. Given the advice is that people with pre-existing conditions shield, it is arguably you who is being selfish as if you get ill it is much more likely you will put a burden on the NHS than the average person.
4. The evidence shows, time and time again, that people walking or chatting outside is a very low risk. I’m sick to death of people blaming others for doing things which have a negligible effect when all the evidence shows it is things like work, deprivation etc that are driving the spread of the virus.

Hi Max

So you’re supposed to stay at home but didn’t. You cite your mental health as a reason which to me is fair enough. You’re pissed off others aren’t following what they’re supposed to either, yet they may have similar struggles, some may live together etc etc.

Hope your rant has made you feel better. I wouldn’t let things you can’t control piss you off that much.

And meanwhile the police risk their own health to break up another rave in London...

I live in Shropshire and to be honest most people seem to respect the rules but we do have one of the relatively lowest rates in the country and are very rural.

I also am classed as CEV and have abided with the shielding advice which is not easy. The claim was to save lives because we were vulnerable but the truth is it was to relieve the NHS and allow provision for younger people who seem to want to live life recklessly. The new variant might eventually put the shit up them though.

Last edited:
i went through my period of rage at people meeting up down the beach, a few weeks ago. thankfully through the other side of it now.

ran up to shields saturday morning up the coast, was quite around 9.30ish, by the time i came back along about 10.30ish it was clearly going to get rammed. again. when you look at the whole place, it looks rammed, but when you look closely, it is 99% couples, or groups of 2 adults + kids etc.. all probably just within the right side of the rules. not worth getting worked up about. apart from 2 different groups of blokes, 4 in one group and 6 in the other - best north face jackets and shiny new white trainers, sunglasses and perfect hair, i breathed heavily in their general direction

the only thing that bothers me, is why if you were going to meet your mate to walk the dogs and have a chat, would you chose to go to the place that is by far the busiest outdoor space in the city. i know the coast in lovely but you are just constantly moving out of the way of people, dogs, prams, kids etc.. its just the sheep mentality. nobody seems to be able to think for themselves. theres bounds of open space around the city.

government and councils have a lot to answer for in not ordering all the take away coffee and fish n chips places to close, that would solve half of the problem. but i guess if you are highly unlikely to catch the virus outside then so be it.

Myself and the missus walk with another couple socially distanced

She walks with his wife about 10 -20 metres behind us and I tend to walk alongside him.

At no point are we closer than a couple metres .

Be lots of people like this...

There are piss takers but vast majority are being cautious
Just to add the worst culprits I see are all those congregating and having catchups outside coffee shops..

Last edited:

Yes?
Can you prove that?
No.

Hello folks.
Erm...

Judge the circumstances of complete strangers much?

Given how half arsed this lockdown is, it makes the 7 day average drop in cases of over 20% very encouraging IMO

Not sure you’re in any place to criticise anyone else for being brainwashed, considering your susceptibility to posting things that are simply untrue, and not to forget the fact that you have a second login to post more nonsense with.

Only 2?

1. Not, if they're not in your support bubble. And before you say "How do you know?", don't.
I’m not going to argue about the morality of breaking rules/the merits of the rules, but that’s incorrect.

Exercising
You should minimise time spent outside your home, but you can leave your home to exercise. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

You can exercise in a public outdoor place:

• by yourself
  • with the people you live with
  • with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)
  • in a childcare bubble where providing childcare
  • or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household
This includes but is not limited to running, cycling, walking, and swimming. Personal training can continue if participants are from the same household or support bubble. It can also continue if it is one-on-one, although this should only take place in a public outdoor place, and not in someone’s private home or garden.

Yes?
Can you prove that?
No.

Hello folks.
Erm...

Calm down mate. I dont see the drama of people being outside

.........And to be fair, my information says I should go out and exercise, which I did, I just didn't anticipate the world the wife and their dogs to be there too.

I think I'm just fed up of it all, and people who were clearly meeting friends/family etc, just pissed me off even further.

Nearly 100,000 dead in this country alone.
Yes, I'm clearly brainwashed.

I was shielding for 19 weeks in the original lockdown and it was only at the end did I realise how depressed I had become.

The problem is that both myself and my wife have long term conditions that require several medications each month. During the first lockdown the delivery service was excellent but since then has become very poor. It reached a point at the start of November, the in house pharmacy at the doctors has shut its inner shutters and opened a back door on the car park to dispense from. After a couple of times queuing in the cold and the damp I switched to Boots because at least they let you inside.

The problem is you can only order a repeat prescription through the Shropshire POD and can only do that when you have 7 days left. They say it takes 4 days but the delivery is slow and most of the time I have to go to Boots and collect.

Whether we have been told to shield or not people who are CEV still have to go out. People who say otherwise are talking out their arse.

I’m not going to argue about the morality of breaking rules/the merits of the rules, but that’s incorrect.

Exercising
You should minimise time spent outside your home, but you can leave your home to exercise. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

You can exercise in a public outdoor place:

• by yourself
  • with the people you live with
  • with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)
  • in a childcare bubble where providing childcare
  • or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household
This includes but is not limited to running, cycling, walking, and swimming. Personal training can continue if participants are from the same household or support bubble. It can also continue if it is one-on-one, although this should only take place in a public outdoor place, and not in someone’s private home or garden.

THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back