Selfish Twats. Selfish Twats EVERYWHERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you could if you were single and formed a support bubble with that household, right?

Yes it's fine if it's your support bubble. You can go in each others houses too if it's a support bubble.

Me, Mrs K and Mini-K went for a walk around Pennington Flash yesterday morning. It's a decent walk around with nature hides and a massive lake etc.
I'm CEV and really speaking should stay at home, however, if I did that (again) not only would my mental health be utterly shot to shit, my immune system which is already compromised, would be utterly fucked if I don't give it chance to actually develop immunity to things.
I stay out of people's way, wash hands, don't touch owt etc...
Getting some fresh and and a change of scenery is what you need to try and feel a bit better. Doing that bit of exercise to stop the ever increasing timber.

Like I say we went for a walk there, as a family group, in our own little bubble. Not with anyone else.
Seem sensible? Doing the right thing etc?

So why is it that every set of pricks we went past were clearly from multiple households? Packs of people out for a run together. f***ing "Ladies What Lunch" with their Costas.
If the Covid Coppers had set up shop on one of the paths they'd have made a mint by about 1pm.

Hello ladies, are you in the same household?
Yes?
Can you prove that?
No.
£200 and off you fuck flower.

Hello folks.
Do you all live together?
Erm...

Exactly. Fuck off home and take this fine with you.

I haven't seen some my family in over a year. I haven't seen friends in months.
Stop being such selfish twats and we might all get to do this a bit sooner.

I appreciate it's unlikely they'll read this, but fuck me I needed a rant about it.
Going for a walk was meant to make me feel better. By the time we got back to the car, I was practically spitting acid.

Calm yourself down, you could do with some fresh air

i suspect the general answer was hidden in the setup...

Except I was allowed to go for a walk. It's in the f***ing rules.

I might have to put @Baloo's post in my signature. You may have missed it, so here we go again.

Exercising
You should minimise time spent outside your home, but you can leave your home to exercise. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

You can exercise in a public outdoor place:

• by yourself
  • with the people you live with
  • with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)
  • in a childcare bubble where providing childcare
  • or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household
This includes but is not limited to running, cycling, walking, and swimming. Personal training can continue if participants are from the same household or support bubble. It can also continue if it is one-on-one, although this should only take place in a public outdoor place, and not in someone’s private home or garden.
Calm yourself down, you could do with some fresh air

I went for a walk this morning. Nearly went arse over tit skidding around on the ice. Go for a walk they say. It'll do you good they say... FFS :lol:

Me and the youngest went for a walk with my mam the other day. She`s 71, and has already had Covid. Spent the entire 2 miles telling her to keep 2m away from me, she`s a bloody nightmare man. Thinking about buying her one of them giant Zorb balls for future walks

i suspect everyone has their own red line which they'll cross when they're pushed mentally by lockdown.

I appreciate that, but when you've clearly arranged to meet up with another entire family, that's not being "pushed mentally by lockdown", that's "I don't give a fuck and I'm doing what I want".
Or it certainly looks that way when you walk past 6+ of them.

I appreciate that, but when you've clearly arranged to meet up with another entire family, that's not being "pushed mentally by lockdown", that's "I don't give a fuck and I'm doing what I want".
Or it certainly looks that way when you walk past 6+ of them.
Totally agree with that....it’s the same attitude that CEV folk who go out to work are taking...I’m not vunerable but in over three weeks I’ve left the house on three occassions...yet you read on here some CEV folk leave the house three times a DAY...

Last edited:
Me, Mrs K and Mini-K went for a walk around Pennington Flash yesterday morning. It's a decent walk around with nature hides and a massive lake etc.
I'm CEV and really speaking should stay at home, however, if I did that (again) not only would my mental health be utterly shot to shit, my immune system which is already compromised, would be utterly fucked if I don't give it chance to actually develop immunity to things

Like I say we went for a walk there, as a family group, in our own little bubble. Not with anyone else.
Seem sensible? Doing the right thing etc?

So why is it that every set of pricks we went past were clearly from multiple households? Packs of people out for a run together. f***ing "Ladies What Lunch" with their Costas.
If the Covid Coppers had set up shop on one of the paths they'd have made a mint by about 1pm.

Hello ladies, are you in the same household?
Yes?
Can you prove that?
No.
£200 and off you fuck flower.

Hello folks.
Do you all live together?
Erm...

Exactly. Fuck off home and take this fine with you.

I haven't seen some my family in over a year. I haven't seen friends in months.
Stop being such selfish twats and we might all get to do this a bit sooner.

I appreciate it's unlikely they'll read this, but fuck me I needed a rant about it.
Going for a walk was meant to make me feel better. By the time we got back to the car, I was practically spitting acid.

This is the most selfish post I've ever seen on this forum.

Totally agree with that....it’s the same attitude that CEV folk who go out to work are taking...I’m not vunerable but in over three weeks I’ve left the house on three occassions...yet you read on here some CEV folk leave the house three times a DAY...

I try and get out for a walk each day, usually by myself sometimes with the wife and kids and one trip a week to the supermarket, a past time I used to hate has become the highlight of my week :lol: :cry:

This is the most selfish post I've ever seen on this forum.

You've not been here long have you. Maybe take a gander at the politics forum
I try and get out for a walk each day, usually by myself sometimes with the wife and kids and one trip a week to the supermarket, a past time I used to hate has become the highlight of my week :lol: :cry:

I need to get out and walk, even if it's once round the block. The amount of steps I'm not doing is shocking.

I can't excuse that. If you're CEV, you should work from home if possible (like me) or if you can't, you get a letter from your GP.

Last edited:
You've not been here long have you. Maybe take a gander at the politics forum

I need to get out and walk, even if it's once round the block. The amount of steps I'm not doing is shocking.

For what its worth I agree with your OP, my daily walk is only 2 and a half mile or so, its a bit of a loop down some old railway lines which have now been done up as a cycleway. During the week, I`ll pass the odd dog walker or two in the half hour or so it takes. On a weekend its like the bicycle version of the A1. I`ll generally go a little further on a weekend and theres usually loads of groups (3 or 4 per group) of 30 or 40 something blokes riding side by side. Unless they live in a really weird household, I`d say they`re breaking the spirit of the rules and it winds me up. That being said, I do bend the rules myself as I will go for a walk with my mam down there and technically I Shouldnt as my younger brother still lives at home with her. Theres bending and taking the piss though in my eyes. I bend, they take the piss

For what its worth I agree with your OP, my daily walk is only 2 and a half mile or so, its a bit of a loop down some old railway lines which have now been done up as a cycleway. During the week, I`ll pass the odd dog walker or two in the half hour or so it takes. On a weekend its like the bicycle version of the A1. I`ll generally go a little further on a weekend and theres usually loads of groups (3 or 4 per group) of 30 or 40 something blokes riding side by side. Unless they live in a really weird household, I`d say they`re breaking the spirit of the rules and it winds me up. That being said, I do bend the rules myself as I will go for a walk with my mam down there and technically I Shouldnt as my younger brother still lives at home with her. Theres bending and taking the piss though in my eyes. I bend, they take the piss

Mine's not even that long. If I get a step on it can take me under 10 minutes. I should probably walk further really.

I bend, they take the piss

Sounds painful :lol:

Reminds me of one of the greatest joke deliveries by David Haig in The Thin Blue Line.
"I am involved in serious police work. If you get in the way, I'm responsible. Your cock up, my arse."

Mine's not even that long. If I get a step on it can take me under 10 minutes. I should probably walk further really.

Sounds painful :lol:

Reminds me of one of the greatest joke deliveries by David Haig in The Thin Blue Line.
"I am involved in serious police work. If you get in the way, I'm responsible. Your cock up, my arse."

I might have to up my distance, lockdown plus cabin fever whilst not effecting my mental health as far as I can tell has turned me into a right lazy bastard :lol: .

Plus with me doing the shopping, I cant resist a good 2 for 1 on any junk / crap food I see

I might have to up my distance, lockdown plus cabin fever whilst not effecting my mental health as far as I can tell has turned me into a right lazy bastard :lol: .

Plus with me doing the shopping, I cant resist a good 2 for 1 on any junk / crap food I see

We get ours delivered, not that I can visit a supermarket at the moment anyway!

I bought something on click and collect and was excited about driving to the Team Valley to pick it up this morning 😁

But didn’t you say on another thread that you had been out walking your dogs and then you walked to the Post Office

Yes, I picked the order up, then my daily exercise was walking the dogs and taking something that needed posting to the Post Office. All within the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back